According to The New York Post, Homer is going to undergo a colonoscopy this season. Actually, it's not going to be part of the long-running FOX show, it's going to be part of the multi-network cancer benefit on September 5 titled Stand Up To Cancer. The Post even quotes a line from the segment that already has me laughing, from Marge: "There's his wedding band! He told me he was having it polished!" Which begs the question, do Marge and Homer even wear their rings?
Stand Up To Cancer is an ambitious telethon that will air on all four networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). The three network news anchors (Katie Couric, Charles Gibson, and Brian Williams) even went on the morning shows several weeks back to promote this rare display of unity between the networks.
Hopefully Homer will be clean as a whistle, despite 40 plus years of eating fried foods and donuts.
They're not just changing the sets and the theme music over at The CBS Evening News, they're also changing the personnel. In a move that is becoming more and more controversial, CBS has gotten rid of medical reporter Elizabeth Kaledin and hired Katie Couric's personal doctor, Jonathan LaPook. Kaledin says she is "heartbroken" by the move.
LaPook is not only Katie's doc, he's also the son-in-law of veteran TV producer Norman Lear.
Maybe we could use a new song for Katie, sung to the theme from one of Lear's shows, Maude:
Miss Couric had a colonosopy
She didn't care if the whole world looked
CBS got rid of Liz Kaledin
And then they hired Dr. Lapook
Hey, I never said I was Cole Porter.
[via TV Newser]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET