According to The New York Post, Homer is going to undergo a colonoscopy this season. Actually, it's not going to be part of the long-running FOX show, it's going to be part of the multi-network cancer benefit on September 5 titled Stand Up To Cancer. The Post even quotes a line from the segment that already has me laughing, from Marge: "There's his wedding band! He told me he was having it polished!" Which begs the question, do Marge and Homer even wear their rings?
Stand Up To Cancer is an ambitious telethon that will air on all four networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). The three network news anchors (Katie Couric, Charles Gibson, and Brian Williams) even went on the morning shows several weeks back to promote this rare display of unity between the networks.
Hopefully Homer will be clean as a whistle, despite 40 plus years of eating fried foods and donuts.
They're not just changing the sets and the theme music over at The CBS Evening News, they're also changing the personnel. In a move that is becoming more and more controversial, CBS has gotten rid of medical reporter Elizabeth Kaledin and hired Katie Couric's personal doctor, Jonathan LaPook. Kaledin says she is "heartbroken" by the move.
LaPook is not only Katie's doc, he's also the son-in-law of veteran TV producer Norman Lear.
Maybe we could use a new song for Katie, sung to the theme from one of Lear's shows, Maude:
Miss Couric had a colonosopy
She didn't care if the whole world looked
CBS got rid of Liz Kaledin
And then they hired Dr. Lapook
Hey, I never said I was Cole Porter.
[via TV Newser]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Welcome to Gotham: Your Guide to the Good, the Bad and the... Batty
- Supergirl Series Lands on CBS — Who Would You Cast in the Lead Role?
- Ratings: Thursday Night Football Sacked By Blowout, Loser Hits Low
- Phineas and Ferb Clip: Terry O'Quinn Is a Man in Black in Lost-Themed Episode
- Girl Meets World Sneak Peek: Photos from Rider Strong's Directorial Debut
- More From TVLine
- Jason Aldean Tells Relationship Haters to 'Get Over It,' Talks Brittany Kerr Date Nights
- Tabloid Says Kendall Jenner Is 'Too Fat for Runway'
- Rob Kardashian Fuels Baby Rumors with New Tweet
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- Jon Hamm, Kerry Washington Align with White House In Sexual Assault PSA
- More From ET