According to The New York Post, Homer is going to undergo a colonoscopy this season. Actually, it's not going to be part of the long-running FOX show, it's going to be part of the multi-network cancer benefit on September 5 titled Stand Up To Cancer. The Post even quotes a line from the segment that already has me laughing, from Marge: "There's his wedding band! He told me he was having it polished!" Which begs the question, do Marge and Homer even wear their rings?
Stand Up To Cancer is an ambitious telethon that will air on all four networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). The three network news anchors (Katie Couric, Charles Gibson, and Brian Williams) even went on the morning shows several weeks back to promote this rare display of unity between the networks.
Hopefully Homer will be clean as a whistle, despite 40 plus years of eating fried foods and donuts.
They're not just changing the sets and the theme music over at The CBS Evening News, they're also changing the personnel. In a move that is becoming more and more controversial, CBS has gotten rid of medical reporter Elizabeth Kaledin and hired Katie Couric's personal doctor, Jonathan LaPook. Kaledin says she is "heartbroken" by the move.
LaPook is not only Katie's doc, he's also the son-in-law of veteran TV producer Norman Lear.
Maybe we could use a new song for Katie, sung to the theme from one of Lear's shows, Maude:
Miss Couric had a colonosopy
She didn't care if the whole world looked
CBS got rid of Liz Kaledin
And then they hired Dr. Lapook
Hey, I never said I was Cole Porter.
[via TV Newser]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- London Has Fallen Teaser: Get Ready for Gerard Butler and Explosions
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It's Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He's the Best
- More from Vulture
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Pulled by TV Land Amid Confederate Flag Controversy
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Hilary Duff Gets Candid About 'Torturous' Lizzie McGuire Years, Commends Miley Cyrus
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Friend Speaks Out About Her Tumultuous Relationship With Nick Gordon
- More From ET