Groening gives the show's loyal fans all the credit in the world for helping the show come back. "The continued devotion of the fans, chiefly on the Internet, kept us thinking that maybe we could bring this back," he said.
If you missed the Comedy Central debut of Steven Wright: When the Leaves Blow Away last night because you were out partying with your friends and playing bar games that involve standing on your head and drinking vodka out of a dogfood bowl, I would highly recommend you try and catch it this Tuesday at midnight and again at 2:00 am. Wright hasn't done a stand-up special in several years, and this return to the stage proved he hasn't lost any of his wit or knack for twisting the most mundane things about everyday life into the philosophical ruminations of a man just a few inches from the brink of completely batshit insane.
Most of the material was new, though I did notice he slipped in a few riffs from his old acts. He also played a few songs for the audience, including one he wrote when he was three about hunting down his cat with a pair of scissors. You can watch a couple clips from the special on Comedy Central's Web site.
- Fox says that it's taking Corey Clark's I-had-an-affair-with-Paula-Abdul claims seriously, responding to a complaint Clark had last week to a recent sketch on American Idol that seemed to poke fun at the situation.
- Mariah Carey's new single "We Belong Together" has become her 16th song to top the Billboard charts. Just behind Elvis and The Beatles. That's really depressing.
- Where's Dave Chappelle? In Ohio.
- A summary of all the winners and losers, ratings-wise, this season.
- In the print edition, an article about Lisa Kudrow and her new show HBO show Comeback (which debuts June 5), and why his Desperate Housewives death was a good thing for Steven Culp.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2014 Grammy noms: Miley Cyrus snubbed, Katy Perry and Sara Bareilles face off
- 'Nikita' recap: Birkhoff's secret past (and name) is revealed ... though is it too late?
- Grammys 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis lead the nominations list
- 'Bones' recap: Did McKayla Maroney impress in 'The Spark in the Park'?
- 'Breaking the Faith': Meeting Mormons in Salt Lake City
- More From Zap2it
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- More From TVLine