For the record, Conan O'Brien's sit down with Steve Kroft on '60 Minutes' on May 2, 2010 -- the first date he was contractually allowed to discuss what happened -- clearly established that while he's disappointed about what happened, Conan O'Brien is not defeated. To paraphrase 'Evita,' "Don't cry for him, America."
Rescue Me fans have been waiting far too long for this news. It was announced yesterday that the FX trademark drama will finally begin airing its 22-episode fifth season on Tuesday, April 7th at 10PM ET. And yes, the season will air uninterrupted, with the finale scheduled to air on September 8th.
Season four, which finished back in September 2007, received some of the drama's poorest critical reviews of the series to date. Season five, which has been delayed by over a year because of the WGA Strike, promises to be much better.
FX President John Landgraf said that, "...the quality of episodes...are some of the best they've ever produced," and when I spoke with Denis Leary by phone last June, he said the opening six episodes of the new season was some of the best stuff they'd written yet.
Excited? I sure as hell am. Keep reading though because the news gets even better.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Suits Finale Preview: The L-Bomb, Brotherly Flashbacks — Plus: Watch Harvey and Donna's First Meeting!
- NCIS: LA Brings Back Alicia Coppola
- Community Season 6 Trailer Teases Greendale's Weirdest Year Yet
- Syfy Sets Dates for Bitten Season 2, Lost Girl's Farewell Run and More
- Man Seeking Woman Renewed for Season 2 at FXX
- More From TVLine
- A Power(less) Ranking: The Journalists in ‘House of Cards'
- Chloe Bennet & Clark Gregg Tease Skye's 'Inhuman' Transformation on 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD'
- Aubrey Plaza Gifted 'Parks & Rec' Co-star Aziz Ansari with Blood and Hair (Sorta)
- Michael Jordan Joins Forbes' Billionaire List
- Elsa Pataky 'Will Never' Tell Her Hubby Chris Hemsworth He's 'Beautiful and Fit'
- More From ET