Cartman: You can just hang around outside all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
I think I can say with almost absolute certainty that South Park is the first television show in history where a character actually uses the word "pwnage." Since I'm online doing this here blogging thing all the time I caught that particular phrase, though there was a lot in this show I didn't understand, since I've neither seen nor played Warcraft before. The episode gently mocked those who do nothing but play Warcraft, but at the same time, it made it clear what an awesome game it is. It was funny to watch everyone become so immersed in the game they begin to think of it as real life, but it did make me think back to my younger days when a particularly difficult Nintendo game would cause me to throw my controller across the room in anger. I guess we're all susceptible to the allure of these games. Well, not all of us, but those of us with nerdly tendencies. Truth be told, I think that, like Butters, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more up my alley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET