Cartman: You can just hang around outside all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
I think I can say with almost absolute certainty that South Park is the first television show in history where a character actually uses the word "pwnage." Since I'm online doing this here blogging thing all the time I caught that particular phrase, though there was a lot in this show I didn't understand, since I've neither seen nor played Warcraft before. The episode gently mocked those who do nothing but play Warcraft, but at the same time, it made it clear what an awesome game it is. It was funny to watch everyone become so immersed in the game they begin to think of it as real life, but it did make me think back to my younger days when a particularly difficult Nintendo game would cause me to throw my controller across the room in anger. I guess we're all susceptible to the allure of these games. Well, not all of us, but those of us with nerdly tendencies. Truth be told, I think that, like Butters, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more up my alley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET