Cartman: You can just hang around outside all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
I think I can say with almost absolute certainty that South Park is the first television show in history where a character actually uses the word "pwnage." Since I'm online doing this here blogging thing all the time I caught that particular phrase, though there was a lot in this show I didn't understand, since I've neither seen nor played Warcraft before. The episode gently mocked those who do nothing but play Warcraft, but at the same time, it made it clear what an awesome game it is. It was funny to watch everyone become so immersed in the game they begin to think of it as real life, but it did make me think back to my younger days when a particularly difficult Nintendo game would cause me to throw my controller across the room in anger. I guess we're all susceptible to the allure of these games. Well, not all of us, but those of us with nerdly tendencies. Truth be told, I think that, like Butters, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more up my alley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor': Restless Road think Alex and Sierra will win
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kurt Sutter gets medieval pilot at FX with Brian Grazer
- 'Saturday Night Live' adding black female cast member in January
- 'Scandal' fall finale recap: The devil came in through 'A Door Marked Exit'
- 'The Michael J. Fox Show' Season 1, episode 11: Annie puts Sting into Mike's 'Christmas'
- More From Zap2it
- Post Mortem: Scandal EP Breaks Down the Fall Finale's Big Twists — Including [Spoiler]'s Return
- Parenthood Recap: A Heartbreaking Twist, Forbidden Feelings and a Surprise Return
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Altar Egos
- The X Factor Season 3 Semifinal Results Recap: What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Fighter
- Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on 'Delena' Troubles, Katherine's Future and More
- More From TVLine