October 31, 2014
conan on fox web site
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 19th 2010 5:17PM
No, you aren't looking into a wormhole that spits out poor souls into some random point in the future. You are looking at a real Fox website.
TMZ reports that Fox purchased the domain name Conanonfox.com last week and turned it into a link for a Twitter feed featuring the likeness of NBC's redheaded stepchild. And before you go proclaiming that the site is a fake, TMZ also confirms that the domain name is a registered property of "20th Cent Fox."
And here's something interesting: the Twitter feed, which has attracted over 800 followers since it hit the web, has just posted a rather ominous Tweet that reads, "'Triumph means many things to many different people'- SoSH. Stay tuned."
Could this mean that Conan has a new home or is this just another attempt to fake out the entire world? I called Fox's public relations office and when asked about the website, an unidentified Fox spokesperson said, "We wouldn't comment but thank you for calling" and immediately hung up the phone. It's good to see those phone courtesy seminars are finally paying for themselves.
UPDATE (3:53 p.m. Central): Twitter has suspended the account.
UPDATE (6:18 p.m. Central): Kate Aurthur of The Daily Beast reports that the site appears to be a hoax. [via Mediaite]
UPDATE (7:50 p.m. Central): Fox says it has nothing to do with Conanonfox.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET