March 10, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 19th 2010 5:17PM
No, you aren't looking into a wormhole that spits out poor souls into some random point in the future. You are looking at a real Fox website.
TMZ reports that Fox purchased the domain name Conanonfox.com last week and turned it into a link for a Twitter feed featuring the likeness of NBC's redheaded stepchild. And before you go proclaiming that the site is a fake, TMZ also confirms that the domain name is a registered property of "20th Cent Fox."
And here's something interesting: the Twitter feed, which has attracted over 800 followers since it hit the web, has just posted a rather ominous Tweet that reads, "'Triumph means many things to many different people'- SoSH. Stay tuned."
Could this mean that Conan has a new home or is this just another attempt to fake out the entire world? I called Fox's public relations office and when asked about the website, an unidentified Fox spokesperson said, "We wouldn't comment but thank you for calling" and immediately hung up the phone. It's good to see those phone courtesy seminars are finally paying for themselves.
UPDATE (3:53 p.m. Central): Twitter has suspended the account.
UPDATE (6:18 p.m. Central): Kate Aurthur of The Daily Beast reports that the site appears to be a hoax. [via Mediaite]
UPDATE (7:50 p.m. Central): Fox says it has nothing to do with Conanonfox.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'Revenge' Recap: The Three Mrs. Graysons
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Maggie's Mission Brings Bob and Sasha Together
- 'True Detective' Season 1 Finale Recap: Rust and Marty Bond Over Crazy
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Kills NeNe with Kindness
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- 'The Good Wife' Season 5, episode 13: Florrick-Agos is on to the NSA
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4, episode 13 'Alone' recap: One step closer to a Terminus reunion
- 'Shameless' Season 4, episode 8 recap: Ian comes home, Lip gets lucky
- 'Cosmos' review: Neil deGrasse Tyson brings brilliant science, questionable history to the world
- More From Zap2it
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- Will You Return For More Resurrection?
- More From TVLine