January 31, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 19th 2010 5:17PM
No, you aren't looking into a wormhole that spits out poor souls into some random point in the future. You are looking at a real Fox website.
TMZ reports that Fox purchased the domain name Conanonfox.com last week and turned it into a link for a Twitter feed featuring the likeness of NBC's redheaded stepchild. And before you go proclaiming that the site is a fake, TMZ also confirms that the domain name is a registered property of "20th Cent Fox."
And here's something interesting: the Twitter feed, which has attracted over 800 followers since it hit the web, has just posted a rather ominous Tweet that reads, "'Triumph means many things to many different people'- SoSH. Stay tuned."
Could this mean that Conan has a new home or is this just another attempt to fake out the entire world? I called Fox's public relations office and when asked about the website, an unidentified Fox spokesperson said, "We wouldn't comment but thank you for calling" and immediately hung up the phone. It's good to see those phone courtesy seminars are finally paying for themselves.
UPDATE (3:53 p.m. Central): Twitter has suspended the account.
UPDATE (6:18 p.m. Central): Kate Aurthur of The Daily Beast reports that the site appears to be a hoax. [via Mediaite]
UPDATE (7:50 p.m. Central): Fox says it has nothing to do with Conanonfox.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- More From TVLine
- Val Kilmer Undergoes Medical Tests, Refutes Rumors of Throat Tumor
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Bathtub Incident Is ‘No Coincidence,' Source Says
- Jay Z Is Buying Aspiro for How Much?
- Report: Whitney Houston's Daughter Found Unresponsive In Bathtub
- See the Time That Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Met President Obama
- More From ET