July 31, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 19th 2010 5:17PM
No, you aren't looking into a wormhole that spits out poor souls into some random point in the future. You are looking at a real Fox website.
TMZ reports that Fox purchased the domain name Conanonfox.com last week and turned it into a link for a Twitter feed featuring the likeness of NBC's redheaded stepchild. And before you go proclaiming that the site is a fake, TMZ also confirms that the domain name is a registered property of "20th Cent Fox."
And here's something interesting: the Twitter feed, which has attracted over 800 followers since it hit the web, has just posted a rather ominous Tweet that reads, "'Triumph means many things to many different people'- SoSH. Stay tuned."
Could this mean that Conan has a new home or is this just another attempt to fake out the entire world? I called Fox's public relations office and when asked about the website, an unidentified Fox spokesperson said, "We wouldn't comment but thank you for calling" and immediately hung up the phone. It's good to see those phone courtesy seminars are finally paying for themselves.
UPDATE (3:53 p.m. Central): Twitter has suspended the account.
UPDATE (6:18 p.m. Central): Kate Aurthur of The Daily Beast reports that the site appears to be a hoax. [via Mediaite]
UPDATE (7:50 p.m. Central): Fox says it has nothing to do with Conanonfox.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Degrassi Series Finale Recap: Indecent Promposals
- American Crime Adds André Benjamin in 'Fierce' Season 2 Role
- Descendants Stars on Twist Ending, Sequel Ideas: 'Mal's Story Isn't Over'
- Fear The Walking Dead: Full-On Zombie Outbreak 'Delayed' Until Season 2
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt Offers Fans a Potential Dinner at Applebee's in New Facebook Contest
- LeBron James Steals the Spotlight in These Super NSFW 'Trainwreck' Bloopers
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Officially a Soccer Mom' -- See the Cute North West Pics!
- Naomi Campbell Found Guilty of Assaulting a Paparazzo in Sicily
- Duran Duran Dishes on Lindsay Lohan Collaboration: 'She Was Two Weeks Late!'
- More From ET