October 9, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 19th 2010 5:17PM
No, you aren't looking into a wormhole that spits out poor souls into some random point in the future. You are looking at a real Fox website.
TMZ reports that Fox purchased the domain name Conanonfox.com last week and turned it into a link for a Twitter feed featuring the likeness of NBC's redheaded stepchild. And before you go proclaiming that the site is a fake, TMZ also confirms that the domain name is a registered property of "20th Cent Fox."
And here's something interesting: the Twitter feed, which has attracted over 800 followers since it hit the web, has just posted a rather ominous Tweet that reads, "'Triumph means many things to many different people'- SoSH. Stay tuned."
Could this mean that Conan has a new home or is this just another attempt to fake out the entire world? I called Fox's public relations office and when asked about the website, an unidentified Fox spokesperson said, "We wouldn't comment but thank you for calling" and immediately hung up the phone. It's good to see those phone courtesy seminars are finally paying for themselves.
UPDATE (3:53 p.m. Central): Twitter has suspended the account.
UPDATE (6:18 p.m. Central): Kate Aurthur of The Daily Beast reports that the site appears to be a hoax. [via Mediaite]
UPDATE (7:50 p.m. Central): Fox says it has nothing to do with Conanonfox.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: Sexual Foibles
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Recap: Who Are the Heretics?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: The Production Crew Get Makeovers
- 'Heroes Reborn' Recap: Butterflies in the Arctic
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: 'Tonya, You Negligent Slut!'
- Scandal Recap: White House Frown
- Heroes Reborn Recap: Suicide Squad
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Secrets and Spies, Plus: The Witnesses as Roomies
- The Originals Premiere: EP Talks Klaus and Cami's Hurdle, Hayley's Surprising Return and That Twisted Prophecy
- More From TVLine
- Two Looks One Star
- D.A. Requested Bobbi Kristina Brown's Autopsy Be Sealed for Fear of Potential Flight Risk, Harm to Witnesses
- What is Lupus, and Why Would Selena Gomez Get Chemo for It?
- Someone in a Dinosaur Costume Totally Aced This 'American Ninja Warrior' Course
- Nick Cannon's Kids Took Him to Chuck E. Cheese's for His 35th Birthday and It's Adorable
- More From ET