No, it's not a new cookbook or anything about food or travel, her two specialties on FN. Rachael Ray is writing her memoirs, the story of a kid from upstate New York who's made in big on TV.
Rachael, who turns 40 on August 25, has had a meteoric rise on TV, and as I wrote last week, she's one of five TV stars I think have exceeded expectations. In a very short time, she's become a force with which to be reckoned.
Well, Jerry and his wife have finally responded to cookbook author Missy Chase Lapine's lawsuit.
Lapine sued the Seinfelds after Jerry went on The Late Show with David Letterman and said some rather nasty things about her, including calling her a "wacko" and suggesting she was a stalker (even making a joke about her having three names, like killers often do). This also stems from the incredible similarities between Lapine's hide-your-veggies book The Sneaky Chef (released in April of 2007) and Jessica Seinfeld's hide-your-veggies Deceptively Delicious (released in October of 2007).
Jessica is accused of plagiarizing Lapine's book. But why is Jerry included in the suit? Because Lapine has decided that in the process of defending his wife in various TV appearances, Jerry defamed her by accusing her of being a "wacko" and a stalker. In fact, the suit specifically mentions Jerry's appearance on Letterman where the w-word was uttered.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time Stars, Creators Tease a Huge Decision, Big Reveals and… Dorothy's Intro?
- Memories from the Set: Eric Mabius Talks Past Gigs on The O.C., CSI: Miami, Ugly Betty & More
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From New Girl, Good Wife, Thrones, Vampire Diaries and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- More From TVLine