In fact, her name is Kathreya. "Kat" - as she is better known - was a contestant the ninth season of the Big Brother UK, and she's throwing a tantrum because a faceless, omnipresent authority ("Big Brother," who speaks to her through a black hole planted in the wall) refuses to give her cookies.
Sedaris was on the Today Show on Christmas Eve to plug the paperback version of her excellent cooking/entertaining book I Like You and to make Greek spaghetti for hosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. The recipe is in the book, but the ingredients include Parmesan cheese and a whole stick of butter, which you melt and pour on top of the spaghetti and sauce. Probably not the healthiest meal (especially if you include Sedaris' other recipes for various cookies and other desserts) but it looks tasty. I love how Sedaris can show you how to cook the meal and at the same time throw off a bizarre line like "your animals talk for a whole minute on Christmas Eve, did you know that?"
When I got a knock on the door yesterday morning from the FedEx guy, I got all excited because I thought it was a pair of Cubs tickets that I bought for an upcoming trip I'm taking to Chicago. But when I looked down, I saw a black box. When I turned it over, the box had the label you see above. It's a press kit for TNT's returning hit The Closer, and it shows star Kyra Segdgwick guiltily nibbling on a bunch of cookies. The tag line on the label is "Everyone has something to confess..." Hmm. Interesting. Obviously this label held some strong clues as to what I would find in the box. So I cut the sealing tape, opened it up, and found what I suspected would be in the package...
It happened with Sesame Street too. I don't know what year this is video is from, but it features Cookie Monster in a disco looking for a cookie. Or maybe some blow, if this is Studio 54. Not sure. But it's rather disturbing, especially since CM is wearing a bowtie and necklace that I don't think even Liberace would have been caught in. Video after the jump.
(S01E22) This is interesting. The title of this episode is either "Everybody Hates Dreamgirls" or "Everybody Hates Jail," I've seen it listed as both. Odd.
Anyway, last night's episode focused on Chris having to sell thirty boxes of cookies to pay for a field trip to Washington DC. Of course, his teacher informs him that if "his people" can't pay money for the cookies, they can always use food stamps. Meanwhile, both his younger siblings get chicken pox, and their father offers to stay home while Rochelle goes to see Dreamgirls with a friend, rather than going with Julius for their anniversary as they originally planned.
Back in December, James Yu over at Slashfood posted about the Black and White cookie, made famous by the Seinfeld episode "The Dinner Party." Readers gave their own opinions on the origin of the cookie.
Now The Philadelphia Daily News not only has a little history on the cookie, but they also give the recipe for the ultimate Black & White cookie. In case you're throwing your own Seinfeld related party. (Of course, you can always order them online if you're too busy to make them yourself.) Make sure you wear your manssiere and bring some chocolate babka for your hosts.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Inside Man'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Public Enemy'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Rayna and Deacon Make a Decision About Their Future
- 'American Idol' Recap: The Top 9 (and Kelly Clarkson) Sing the Songs of Kelly Clarkson
- 'Arrow' Recap: Oliver Becomes Public Enemy #1
- More From BuddyTV
- Americans Post Mortem: Holly Taylor on Paige's Parental Faceoff, Spy Potential
- Nashville Recap: Red Letter 'Deyna'
- American Idol Recap: I Don't Think You're Ready for This Kelly
- Arrow Recap: Better Off Dead — Plus, New Clues About Felicity's Dad?
- Revenge Recruits Tom Amandes for Everwood Reunion — See Photo
- More From TVLine
- Rihanna Pulls Off Epic April Fools Prank on Jimmy Kimmel
- Pharrell and Jimmy Fallon Are an '80s R&B Duo on the 'Tonight Show'
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Get Romantic in PDA Pic After His One Direction Exit
- 8 Things We Loved About Kelly Clarkson's Amazing 'American Idol' Performances
- Kendrick Lamar Cruises Compton in 'King Kunta' Music Video
- More From ET