And now, a comedy about TV stardom, drugs, porn, and a dog licking David Faustino's butt crack - VIDEO
That's what former Married ... With Children star David Faustino has done with Star-ving, a new web show at Crackle.com. Episode 1 is up right now (and after the jump). It's not too long, and it's worth seeing. It's not the funniest thing, but kudos to everyone for going all out.
Faustino is pretty much playing a version of himself, and he's trying to get work in an industry that seems to have forgotten him. He goes to former co-star Ed O'Neil (nice of him to do a cameo here, and he's really funny) for help, and O'Neil pretty much tells him he's out of his f*****g mind. The show also co-stars former Parker Lewis Can't Lose star Corin Nemec. Episode 2 features Gilbert Gottfried, and future eps will feature Christina Applegate, Katey Segal, Ed Asner, and the cast of Growing Pains.
This is NSFW. It features swearing, references to drugs and suicide, and a disturbing scene of a German Shepherd licking Faustino's rear end.
And when I say Sci Fi, I mean the network, not necessarily the content. I'm sure we could easily open up that oldie, but goodie, about what is science fiction and why certain things are ending up on the channel. We'll save that for another time though, as right now we should talk about JAG, with swords. Elliott (JAG) is set to star in Mirabilis. The four-hour mini tells the story of four knights who must come together to save their land, the titular town.
Elliott plays John, a knight seeking vengeance after his family was killed. He'll be joined by Natassia Malthe (DOA: Dead Or Alive. Yes, I watched it) as another of the knights, Perfidia. Perfidia is also John's love interest. The script is by Sam Egan (Jeremiah) and is being produced by Reunion Pictures. If you are wondering about the quality of production, I'll add that RHI Entertainment is involved and they are responsible for such Sci Fi treats as The Lost Empire. To be fair though, they also had a hand in Tin Man, so it could go either way. I'll watch it, but then I'm kind of the Mikey of bad sci fi. I'll watch anything, even SS Doomtrooper. It had Corin Nemec!
There wasn't a lot of mystery surrounding the whodunit this week. Most people probably fingered Grady (Nemec) from the moment he showed up at the cemetery with the flowers. While the who wasn't really a big question, the why was much more interesting, and that little twist at the end came as a bit of a surprise. When Natalie Dalton (Alexandra Lydon, 24) put on her little performance in the interrogation room, followed by Grady's confession, I bought it. I didn't suspect that she was in on it until Gibbs and Mann walked up to the van.
The good news, if you like these kind of movies, is that SciFi has just signed a deal with RHI Entertainment for ten more movies. If you are wondering how they are going to compare to past SciFi originals, take a look at these titles. Grizzly Rage, Maneater, Eye Of The Beast, Blood Monkey, and In The Spider's Web. Blood Monkey! Awesome! The tradition continues. And, yes, this Saturday I'll be watching Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes. It stars Lance Henriksen and Doug Bradley. Ya gotta like that.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 23 Most Romantic 'Bones' Episodes of All Time
- 'Bones' Recap: Avalon Channels Sweets and Brennan Commits a Felony
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 9 Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates for 'Last Comic Standing,' 'Hollywood Game Night' and More
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 3 Spoilers: Songs and Styles for Latin Night
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Admissions Department
- Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered to Series at NBC
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!)
- First Supergirl Villain to Be Played by Mentalist Alum Owain Yeoman
- More From TVLine
- Princeton Review Apologizes for Misquoting Taylor Swift Lyric
- See Benedict Cumberbatch's Wife's Wedding Dress!
- How 'Scandal's' Kerry Washington Is Pushing Boundaries On and Off the Screen
- Selena Remembered 20 Years Later: Watch Previously Unseen Home Videos
- What the Cast of 'Lizzie McGuire' Looks Like Now
- More From ET