Rumors have been circulating for many years that the only way William Shatner could maintain the physique of Captain James T. Kirk was to wear a corset under his uniform. Well, that's not true, claims Shatner. The actor claims the seed of this particular rumor actually began when he was working on TJ Hooker. During a break in filming he went horseback riding and wound up with a broken rib. An assistant was sent to fetch a bandage for the injured Shatner, and somehow the rumor mill eventually turned "bandage" into "girdle."
Okay, I don't believe Shatner ever wore a corset/girdle on Star Trek, but his explanation seems a little suspicious. Is he claiming this rumor didn't exist until long after Star Trek went off the air? Do any of you older readers remember hearing this rumor pre-TJ Hooker?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.8 Photos: Things Get Complicated in Alison and Cosima's Lives
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Sex Ed, Sumo Wrestling and a Bromance
- Meet the Cast of Bravo's 'Secrets and Wives'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12 Premiere Recap: Auditions Start with New Stage vs. Street Format
- 'The Whispers' Series Premiere Recap: Imaginary Friends with Cruel Intentions
- More From BuddyTV
- Lifetime's UnREAL: 'Will You Stay With' the Bachelor-Skewering Drama?
- The Whispers: Will You Make Friends With ABC's Imaginative Drama?
- The Bachelorette Recap: Too Many Snakes in the Grass
- SYTYCD Season 12 Premiere Recap: Wooo-Hooo's That Girl?
- Devious Maids EP Explains [Spoiler]'s Death, Teases More Season 3 Twists
- More From TVLine