Each band sang prepared and rehearsed one of their original songs and then a song from the vast array of Elton John and Bernie Taupin numbers. The bands were called out one by one to perform. If they performed, they had made the cut for the week. The two bands who didn't make it had to go through all the rehearsals and sit foolishly and uncomfortably waiting, the camera panning them throughout the show, until the very end. When it was down to three bands, poof.
It's a good time to be Carrie Underwood and Bucky Covington.
Carrie was recently voted to People Magazine's "100 Most Beautiful People" list.
Of course, Drew Barrymore is at the top of this list and for me she kind of waivers between beautiful and beat-up looking from one movie to the next. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure this should still be considered a good thing for Carrie.
If that wasn't enough, her song "Wasted" is currently number one on the country singles chart. Not bad from a girl from little old Checotah, OK.
PBS will air a four-part documentary on Wednesday, January 10 and Wednesday, January 17 at 9pm titled China from the Inside. The documentary will delve into both the history and current political landscape of China from all perspectives. It will also examine how women are treated in the country, problems with air and water pollution, religion, and the government's slow response to the AIDS epidemic. The four parts of the documentary are:
1. "Power and the People"
2. "Women of the Country"
3. "Shifting Nature"
4. "Freedom and Justice"
China is quickly becoming a major player on the world stage, but little is known about it. The creators of this documentary hope to shed some light on a country that still remains a mystery to many. I love the idea, and hopefully it will be as in-depth as they claim it to be.
Melissa Peterman of Reba will be hosting the first four episodes of CMT's new stand up comedy showcase, CMT Comedy Stage. The series, which will tape in front of an audience at Nashville's Belcourt Theater, will debut in February of 2007. The series will feature comedians such as Etta May, Jon Reep, Vic Henley and Killer Beaz. Out of that list the only one I've heard of is Etta May, but that's why God created YouTube, so y'all can get up to speed on these comics.
When Jeff Foxworthy first brought Southern humor to the masses, it wasn't the kind of humor I was into. However, that scene has since exploded and I no longer think it's possible to crowbar every Southern / rural /red state comedian into the same category. It's like saying all New York comedians are the same, it just isn't true. Hey, it doesn't matter to me if you watch this new show or not, but thar ain't nuttin' wrong with expanding your comedy horizons a li'l.
Tomorrow night at 9 p.m. EST Jimmy Smits will narrate a documentary on the relationship between the United States and Puerto Rico titled Yo Soy Boricua, Pa'que Tu Lo Sepas! (I'm Boricua, Just So You Know!). The documentary, which will air on IFC, is the directorial debut of Rosie Perez, and will delve deep into the history of the country, including its often rocky history with the United States. Subjects it will focus on include the Spanish conquest, forced sterilization in the 30s, and the Nationalist movement that took place in the 1950s. Perez is also hoping to use the documentary as a way to look into her own family history and where she came from.
Does anybody out there watch Reba? It looks like wholesome fun. We can't have any of that!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Motive': Meet the Cast
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Second Sons'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 10 Preview: The Final 4 Dance It Off
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Reggie Bush Won't Congratulate Kim, Ellen Pearson Claims Kardashians Have No Case
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Sex, Drugs and Advertising
- More From BuddyTV
- Sibel Kekilli: 'Game of Thrones'' Shae responds to Tyrion and Sansa's wedding
- 'Mad Men' Season 6 episode 8 recap 'The Crash': Ranking Don, Sally, Stan, Peggy and more on the happiness index
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 3 episode 8 recap: 'Second Sons'
- Miguel slams woman's head into stage during Billboard Music Awards performance
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- More From Zap2it
- New Star Wars Rebels Animated Series to Bridge Movie Episodes III and IV
- What to Watch Monday: Bates Motel, Five-0 and Four Other Finales, Goodwin Games On and More
- Mad Men Recap: Just What the Doctor Ordered
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs
- Game of Thrones Recap: Wedding-Bell Booze
- More From TVLine