I should've known.
A Manhattan social worker was the first to file a lawsuit against Random House, the publisher of Frey's fictitious memoir about overcoming drug and alcohol addiction. The plaintiff, Jennifer Cohn, said she recommended Frey's book to a number of clients who were struggling with the same addiction. Another New York reader filed a class action lawsuit, asking for her $14.95 back. There are also lawsuits in state and federal courts in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
So...what's worse? Ripping apart the author on nationwide television or suing an author because his memoir is packed with lies?
Morgan, 37, was on SNL from 1996-2003. He's currently working on a sitcom pilot with former SNL co-star Tina Fey.
A judge ordered the rock singer/whatever else she is to a 28 day treatment center. The kind Sandra Bullock went to in that movie.
In other news, Tyra Banks is hot and John Goodman loves to eat.
Ed Treleven writes in the Wisconsin State Journal about a new trend among jurors who seem to have trouble differentiating between television and real life. It seems that the popularity of shows like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation; CSI: Miami; CSI: NY; and CSI: Plus Calcium have resulted in more juries demanding forensic evidence, something that has prosecutors mildly concerned. The general consensus so far, however, is that CSI and its various offshoots have yet to cripple the American court system.
The only "danger" I see in CSI is that it seems to do for forensics what Indiana Jones did for archeology, which is to make a redundant and arduous job look thrilling and exciting. That's just blatant false advertising, especially when everyone knows the most exciting, action-packed job ever is "beaver orthodontist." Why haven't they made a show about that?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Hannibal' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Predictions: Who Will Win?
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City': Ramona Singer's Crazy, Catty and Clueless Quotes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 18 Finale Photos: Juan Pablo Picks His Lady
- 'Pretty Little Liars': The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Aria and Ezra's Relationship
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Mind Games' Steve Zahn: 'Some things don't need to be fixed'
- Tom Bergeron leaving 'America's Funniest Home Videos'; HBO teases 'Veep' Season 3
- 'Chrisley Knows Best': Todd Chrisley lives by, 'You're only as sick as your secrets'
- '24 Hours on Earth' travels second-by-second through a virtual day
- 'The Little Couple': Bill takes Zoey to the doctor (and Jen stays home sick)
- More From Zap2it
- NBC Sets Season Finale Dates For The Blacklist, Community, Parenthood and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Good Wife, Suits, PLL, Reign, New Girl and More
- Awkward Season 4 Trailer: Jenna and Matty Hit the Sheets — But Are They Back Together?
- Once Upon a Time First Look: A Wicked Midwife, the Return of [Spoiler], Sad Regina and More
- Exclusive Glee First Look: Kurt, Blaine and More Reunite in 100th Episode Promo Art
- More From TVLine