Jenna has been laughing through her pregnancy and birth. When she was late term, she did this trash-talking basketball video with her belly hanging out. And the official statement about her birth is just as funny. It says Story is already a fan of "classical music, a clean diaper, mom's boobs and long naps. Story wants to give big props to his mom for all her hard work." Cute.
Hopefully we'll be seeing Jenna on television sometime soon. She had a short-lived show, Courting Alex, last season but it wasn't as good as she is.
Is Elfman worth it? She's hot and funny and, according to Joel, she's "sexy in a non-threatening way". Is she worth hanging onto?
This is not a big surprise; when both shows were on Mondays at 9:30, they benefited from the strong lead-in provided by Two and a Half Men. By themselves, neither show was strong enough to lead off a night. And, considering the lousy quality of the writing on one of them -- let's just say I thought Out of Practice was decent most of the time -- it's probably better for everyone involved that these shows die quiet deaths over the summer.
"Alex, what goes on at the corporate retreat stays at the corporate retreat!"
AUUUGGGHHHH! How many times since that Las Vegas ad campaign came out have we heard that idiotic "What happens in blah stays in blah" line in a sitcom or Jay Leno monologue somewhere? Don't sitcom writers realize how tired and stupid that line sounds?
- FOX has a new Bones at 8, and
then another singer is voted off American Idol. Then it's the premiere of the new reality game show
- ABC has new eps of George Lopez, Freddie, Lost (new? wow!), and Invasion.
- CBS is all new tonight too, with Out of Practice, Courting Alex (on their new night), Criminal Minds, and CSI: NY.
- There's yet another new Deal Or No Deal on NBC at 8, followed by a new Law and Order and the premiere of Heist.
- The WB has repeats of One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls, while UPN has new eps of America's Next Top Model and Veronica Mars.
- Also at 8: Showtime has Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
- At 9 on CNN, Larry King interviews Mike Wallace.
- There's a new World Poker Tour on at 9 on The Travel Channel.
- The TV Land Awards air on TV Land and Nick at 9.
- At 10, FX has a new Black. White.
- Bravo has a new Top Chef at 10.
- Also at 10: Comedy Central has a new South Park, followed by a new Mind of Mencia.
Here are the shows (on all networks) that media buyers think are in danger of cancellation:
- NBC has a new Surface (check out my interview with Carter Jenkins) at 8pm, followed by repeats of Las Vegas and Medium.
- ABC has a new Wife Swap, followed by In Style Celebrity Weddings and a new The Bachelor.
- CBS has a mix of repeats and new: a repeat King of Queens at 8, followed by a repeat How I Met Your Mother, a repeat Two and a Half Men, and then new eps of Courting Alex and CSI: Miami.
- FOX has a new Skating With Celebrities, followed by a new 24.
- 7th Heaven is new on the WB at 8, followed by a new Related.
- Still more repeats from UPN: One on One, All of Us, Girlfriends, and Half & Half.
- Also at 8: a new Wildfire on ABC Family, and AMC has National Lampoon's Animal House.
- At 9, a new Unwrapped on Food Network, "Fiery Foods."
- Hallmark has the movie A Simple Twist of Fate, with Steve Martin, Gabriel Byrne, and Laura Linney. It's on at 9 too.
- Also at 9: the debut of the A&E movie Flight 93.
- At 10, Discovery has a new American Chopper, followed by a new Roush Racing: Driver X.
- Also at 10: HBO2 has Phantom of the Opera.
- Do you miss the short-lived Law and Order spinoff, Trial By Jury? Catch a repeat on Court TV at 11.
- PBS has a new Tavis Smiley, with guest Newt Gingrich. Check local listings.
- At midnight, the Travel Channel has a Winter Olympics special, Torino 2006: The Traveler's Guide.
Anyone who knows me knows how much of a huge Ed fan I was. I even wrote an essay about it that got me more mail than anything else I've ever written.
So, it's really great to not only see Tom Cavanagh coming back to series television (in the it-looks-a-lot-like-Ed-from-the-commercials show Love Monkey). But the good news doesn't stop there: Ed's best friend is back too. Josh Randall, who played Mike Burton on Ed, is the guy who's Courting Alex on the CBS sitcom. (Hey, both on CBS - maybe Cavanagh and Randall can have lunch in the CBS cafeteria). And let's not forget Ed's love Carol Vessey: Julie Bowen is a cast member over on ABC's Boston Legal (and has a recurring role on Lost). And Michael Ian Black's Stella over on Comedy Central.
Now we just need Lesley Boone (Molly), Jana Marie Hupp (Nancy), Rachel Cronin (Shirley), and Justin Long (Warren) to get regular gigs on TV and fans will be all set.
South Beach (Wednesdays, UPN) Two hot, New York City working-class bachelors leave the big city behind to follow one of their girlfriends to South Beach, FL, only to discover that she has a new boyfriend. They get mixed up with the rich and famous in the club scene. After viewing a sneak preview on UPN's website, it looks like a guilty pleasure like The O.C., except with more sex and no high school. Jennifer Lopez is the executive producer and it co-stars Vanessa Williams as a club owner and mother to one of the main characters. South Beach premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 8 pm.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 3 Express Pass Power Rankings: The Stronger Teams Surge
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Juan Pablo Defends R-Word Joke, Rumored as the Worst Bachelor Ever?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Crashing Rafts, Missing Taxis and Dancing Globetrotters
- More From BuddyTV
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale - 'Form and Void': In the court of the Yellow King
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Season 9, episode 7: Khloe files for divorce from Lamar
- 'The Simpsons' says goodbye to Marcia Wallace's Edna Krabappel
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Wicked is here
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Midseason Premiere Recap: Rated Ex
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- More From TVLine