October 10, 2015
cover me canada
by Annette Bourdeau, posted Jun 9th 2011 2:00PM
Can't get enough of those TV singing competitions, can you? If so, you're in luck. If 'American Idol,' 'Canadian Idol,' 'The Voice,' 'The X-Factor' and 'America's Got Talent' aren't whetting your whistle, you now have one more option. This fall, CBC is rolling out 'Cover Me Canada,' an elimination-style singing contest.
To separate itself from the rest of the singing contests out there (consider this its version of 'The Voice's swivel chairs), 'Cover Me Canada' will feature contestants singing only songs by Canadian artists. Nicole Appleton, former member of '90s girl group All Saints, will host. Judges haven't been announced yet. (I think Shania Twain would be an excellent choice to be "the nice one." Just sayin'.)
'Cover Me Canada' was the biggest news coming out of the CBC's 2011-2012 season preview earlier this week. George Stroumboulopoulos ran through the new line-up (and even threatened to sing at one point) while Ceeb luminaries like David Suzuki, Wendy Mesley and Rick Mercer waved from the sidelines.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET