March 12, 2014
cover me canada
by Annette Bourdeau, posted Jun 9th 2011 2:00PM
Can't get enough of those TV singing competitions, can you? If so, you're in luck. If 'American Idol,' 'Canadian Idol,' 'The Voice,' 'The X-Factor' and 'America's Got Talent' aren't whetting your whistle, you now have one more option. This fall, CBC is rolling out 'Cover Me Canada,' an elimination-style singing contest.
To separate itself from the rest of the singing contests out there (consider this its version of 'The Voice's swivel chairs), 'Cover Me Canada' will feature contestants singing only songs by Canadian artists. Nicole Appleton, former member of '90s girl group All Saints, will host. Judges haven't been announced yet. (I think Shania Twain would be an excellent choice to be "the nice one." Just sayin'.)
'Cover Me Canada' was the biggest news coming out of the CBC's 2011-2012 season preview earlier this week. George Stroumboulopoulos ran through the new line-up (and even threatened to sing at one point) while Ceeb luminaries like David Suzuki, Wendy Mesley and Rick Mercer waved from the sidelines.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' first look photos: See the Wicked Witch's Storybrooke alter ego Zelena
- Shantel VanSanten cast in 'Messengers,' aka The CW reunites 'One Tree Hill's' Clay and Quinn (kind of)
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3, episode 23 promo: 'Someone's about to die' in 'Insatiable'
- Amazon orders 'The After,''Transparent,' more pilots to series: Report
- 'Justified' Season 5, episode 9: 'Wrong Roads' pretty well sums up the season so far
- More From Zap2it