And true to the "Grandmas Tri Harder" words on her shirt, 71-year-old Jody Kelly forged bravely onward in the face (well, hind end) of an ornery animal. "I was almost up to the line on the cup when the cow kicked me in the head, and I thought, 'I think I'll be ok. I can do this. So I just got right back down and started milking again, with a different cow this time." You go, grandma!
As for that first kick in the video? We're not sure exactly where that landed, but it looked painful.
Watch the video after the jump.
Huh? Why would a cow -- which is made of burgers -- be upset that a customer isn't eating him or his friends? Does he own stock in the company and wants customers to eat burgers instead of chicken? That wouldn't even make sense because even if the cow did hold some BK stock* selling chicken would be just as good as selling meat. Or maybe this is an example of the "death wish" type of advertising that Pete Campbell talked about in the Sterling Cooper pitch to Lucky Strike?
Even those cute M&M guys don't go around saying "eat me."
*This will probably be the only time in my life that I write about cows owning stock in a corporation.
I haven't been to San Diego in several decades but, like many cities, there are certain things you expect to see. Tall buildings, traffic jams (especially during Comic-Con), crowds of people, citizens and tourists alike, milling about on the sidewalks and in the restaurants that surround the city. But a herd of cows? Well, on the U.S.S. Midway museum, perhaps, but not in the middle of downtown.
Yet, here were a herd of cattle in a paid parking lot on 5th Avenue, right in the heart of the Gaslamp District. Was it a throwback to pioneer days? Did a cowboy and his herd get lost? Was it a protest by PETA? No, silly, it was a television show promotion. Which one it was is revealed after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Blair Underwood is caught between the love of two very different women
- Watch '24: Live Another Day' new promo: There's no going home for Jack Bauer
- Hallmark Channel's 'A Ring By Spring': Watch a promo for Rachel Boston's sweet rom-com
- Robert Buckley lands lead role in Rob Thomas''iZombie'; 'Orphan Black' streaming Season 1 on Amazon Prime
- 'Supernatural' spinoff changes title to 'Supernatural: Bloodlines,' casts Melissa Roxburgh as final series regular
- More From Zap2it
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- Rachel Boston Talks Finding Love in Hallmark Channel's A Ring By Spring
- More From TVLine