I'm not sure if it was by bizarre coincidence or divine -- by which I mean Seth MacFarlane -- intervention, but all three MacFarlane episodes this week were mired in illegal activities. 'Family Guy' saw Meg go from a sweet innocent teenaged girl into a hardened criminal, Cleveland Brown inadvertently became a drug trafficker, while Stan Smith found himself overwhelmed with a drug problem of his own.
And in both 'The Cleveland Show' and 'American Dad,' we got reminders that marijuana isn't really a drug. 'The Cleveland Show' listed for us where we can get it legally (with a prescription), while 'American Dad' mocked the notion of someone becoming addicted to pot to the point they would need rehab.
At least 'Family Guy' kept it simple. Drugs weren't an issue throughout the entire episode, though Meg was certainly acting like she was on drugs. What she was really doing, though, was acting out over years of abuse by everyone around her.
The season premiere will profile Chad, a gifted athlete who suffers from an addiction to crack cocaine. Chad, once a part of Lance Armstrong's cycling team, now spends his days panhandling, abusing drugs, and drinking. Also on the slate for later this season is Intervention: After Treatment. This one-hour special will feature a panel of past addicts brought together in a Los Angeles studio for a candid discussion about how the intervention changed their lives.
Intervention returns on Monday June 16th at 9 pm. ET/PT on A&E.
Okay, just for a moment let's set aside the fact that Pee Wee Herman doing a serious commercial about using crack is really, really (unintentionally) funny, and focus on just how logical it was to use that character in the first place.
One assumes this commercial was made when Pee Wee's Playhouse was on the air, which means his main audience was grade school children and not so much the older hipsters who knew the more "adult" Pee Wee character Paul Reubens created while with the Groundlings.
In other words, ripping a high definition disc just became almost as easy as ripping a DVD. In the short term, you can probably expect to see an explosion in high definition films torrents available online. In the long run, we can only hope someone will wrap this hack into a nice little GUI and create an easy high-definition disc backup utility that anyone can use.
The company has approached high profile heroin addict Pete Doherty, the crack-addicted Dominic Masters of The Others and ex-Celeb Big Brother contestant Donny Tourette to appear in the series. The show would essentially lock all these addicts in a house together and film them 24-7. Critics have chastised Endemol for "using drug problems as entertainment and treating addiction like a joke." Really, if you want to be entertained by a bunch of recovering heroin addicts, rent Trainspotting.
Shut up, Jesus. -Orel, while on crack
I'd like to kick off this episode recap by recalling, again, some of the funny products shown during last night's episode of Moral Orel:
KLUM-Z Caucasian Band-Aids
Hard Milk (spiked milk that Orel's dad drinks before church)
HIV Away (a doctor sprays it on a needle before drawing blood from Orel's arm)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- Amy Adams Hosts SNL: Watch Video of Best and Worst Sketches
- Kevin Hart Hosting First SNL of 2015
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- More From TVLine
- Khloe Kardashian Bashes Rumor She Booted Brother Rob Kardashian Out Of Her Home
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Estate Is on Sale for $18.5 Million
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name
- Harry Styles and Kristen Wiig Dance Party After 'SNL' Performances
- Mike Myers Returns as Dr. Evil To Talk Sony Hack on 'SNL'
- More From ET