Be warned before you click through, however, this video contains both obscene language and a shirtless Jean-Luc Picard in bed with Q. Also, if you play it more than two or three times, there's a chance the nerd secret police will repel line right into your office.
That said, this might be the best silly internet video to come out in a long while. I'm convinced it will usher in a new world order, much like the music of Wyld Stallyns. If you're prepared for that, follow me after the jump...
For the most part American game shows are pretty tame. Oh sure, we eat a live slug once in awhile, and we take a dip into a pool of rattlesnakes on occasion; however, overall, the craziest thing we do is have our halter tops fall off while running down the stage. And, that's by accident.
The rest of the world, on the other hand...well, they've pretty much thrown off the Puritan shackles that we still bear and, for lack of a better phrase, let it all hang out when it comes to their game shows. Sometimes literally. Some examples of this can be found at Cracked.com, which lists 6 examples of the most insane game shows in the world.
Here you go, a bit of humor for your Saturday, or whatever day you happen to be reading this. The comedic minds over at Cracked have come up with some titles for books OJ Simpson might want to write as a follow up to his "hypothetical" book If I Did It, his account of how he would have committed the murders, had he actually done it. My favorite title: 'I Wish I Could Go Back In Time And Not Commit Murder.' That's What I'd Be Saying If I Did It.
There's never any event so tragic that someone, somewhere won't find humor in it, but I always find it interesting how some events seem to require more passing of time before people joke about them, while others are made the subject of humor right away. South Park touched on this with the "Jared has Aides" episode, announcing it was now okay to make fun of AIDS because it had been around for over twenty years. How long until jokes about 9/11 become the norm? It seems weird to think about, but tragedies like the Titanic and the Hindenburg have become punchlines in the modern age, so it seems naive to believe that future generations won't do the same with events from our era.
I don't know if these are necessarily the "best" prank calls, probably just the best that could be found on YouTube. None of them are especially clever, and the newsmen don't seem especially rattled by the callers. Call me a prank snob, but I prefer my phone gags to have a little more panache. However, the call handled by Ted Koppel is somewhat intriguing, as Koppel refuses to play ball with a man trying to promote his Web site. The man calling to C-SPAN to talk about a war against robots from Battlestar Galactica is mildly amusing, but I give him points for being the most original out of the bunch.
Cracked, a magazine I read quite a bit in my youth, has had a presence on the Web for a while now, and recently relaunched a completely re-imagined print edition. Damn, there was a lot of "re" in that sentence. Anyway, they have a funny article you can check out here of the top five appearances of people who appeared on television and were probably on drugs. I think my favorite is Crispin Glover on Letterman. I really couldn't make out whether he was just playing around or if he was actually mentally disturbed. But then, I've never quite been able to pin that man down. Good actor, though. The Cracked writers also believe the entire audience of America's Funniest Home Videos is on a cocktail of laughing gas and cocaine. Out of all the people on the list, that seems like the most verifiable.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- The 100 Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Jaha's Revenge, Lexa's Return & More
- More From TVLine
- 'I Am Cait' Gets Emotional and Educational During a Road Trip With Some New Friends
- Cara Delevingne Shows Off Pink Hair at Girlfriend's Concert in Montreal
- Eliza Dushku Got Kicked Out of Hotel Room to Make Way for One Direction
- Jericho the Lion Is Alive Despite Reports
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys a Girls Night Out with Shania Twain: 'Music is Medicine'
- More From ET