Bratton went to college on a swimming scholarship, then chased his rock star dreams around Europe, hooking up with the folk group The Grass Roots in 1965. Wanting to act, he won small TV roles before a friend gave him stand-in work on 'The Bernie Mac Show,' where he met Ken Kwapis -- "a huge Grass Roots fan," according to Bratton -- who got him background work on 'The Office.' There, he convinced showrunner Greg Daniels to let him create "this character that was sort of addled and weird, who'd done a lot of drugs and stuff." And "Creed" was born.
Creed (the actor) gave us the lowdown on what makes Creed (the character) tick and what his most memorable lines are, as well as the closest he ever got to homelessness and where the name Creed actually came from.
Tonight's episode is like finding the girl you're going to marry. And then realizing that she's rich. And also that she believes that Han shot first.
In a return to form not seen since Paul Crewe came back into the game in The Longest Yard, tonight The Office found its way back to that perfect old- school alchemy of discomfort, satire, and heart. Oh, and Creed. Lots of Creed ...
Now maybe we'll get to learn even more about his background. In a major time-slot coup, it looks like a one-hour episode of The Office will air directly following the Super Bowl on Feb. 1, 2009. Exec producer Paul Lieberstein said these longer eps offer a great opportunity to delve into the characters:
There is one major problem with The Office convention, as I see it: the people are normal.
Here's what I mean -- the average Office fan is someone who really likes the show and enjoys watching it with other people who really like the show. They are, in a word, average. At no point did I run into some crazed super-fan who spends every day dressed like Dwight or is currently converting his house into an exact replica of the Schrute farm. In just about every case, the people I talked to were kind, courteous people who made the trek to Scranton to a) meet the people they'd been talking to online and b) perhaps get a chance to hear their favorite stars talk.
This is not what I'd been hoping for.
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'Dance Moms' Preview: Kalani's Mom Invites a New Dance Coach to the ALDC
- 'Scream' Review: Does MTV's New Slasher Series Live Up to the Movie Franchise?
- 'Zoo' Review: A New Summer Drama That Leaves Something to Be Desired
- 'RHONYC' Marks 100th Episode with Epic Meltdown
- Is Gretchen Rossi Returning to 'The Real Housewives of Orange County'
- More From BuddyTV
- Blind Item: Will This Be the Fall's Most Divisive Television Event?
- Ratings: Whispers Slips to Season Lows
- Fall TV: NCIS vs. Stamos vs. Muppets, and Tuesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Outlander Casts Harry Potter Actress as Season 2's Mother Hildegarde
- Wayward Pines Video: Will Kate Help Ethan Defuse an Explosive Situation?
- More From TVLine
- NSFW! Chrissy Teigen Goes Topless for 'W,' Fights With Instagram to Post It
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out In NYC Wearing Figure-Hugging Black Bandage Dress
- 13 Hollywood Hotties Who Should Bring Their Magic to the Next 'Magic Mike'
- Double Take! Kris Jenner Copies Justin Bieber's Style!
- Lori Loughlin Shows Off Amazing Abs at 50
- More From ET