January 25, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Aug 20th 2010 2:40PM
With the Emmy voting closed and the awards just over a week away, it's high time for me to resume giving you who I think should and who I think will win the major awards.
I've already given my picks for the Best Supporting Actor in a Drama, Best Supporting Actress in a Drama and Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy awards. Now we move on to the Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy category, where the competition is fierce... especially if you're on 'Modern Family.'
Ty Burrell, 'Modern Family'
Chris Colfer, 'Glee'
Jon Cryer, 'Two and a Half Men'
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, 'Modern Family'
Neil Patrick Harris, 'How I Met Your Mother'
Eric Stonestreet, 'Modern Family'
Who will win: This is an extremely tough category to handicap, mainly because pretty much everyone in the category -- except for Cryer, who should submit himself as a lead actor -- deserves the award. However, because of the Academy's tendency to keep giving the award to the same people year in and year out (this award should be called the John Larroquette Award for the number of times he won it when he was on 'Night Court'), I'm going to have to painfully say that Cryer still has a good shot of taking it this year, especially if the three 'Modern Family' actors split people's votes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Outlander Sneak Peek: First Minute of Midseason Premiere Tells Jamie's Story
- Revenge's Karine Vanasse Lays Out Margaux's Plan to Destroy Emily
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET