August 1, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Aug 20th 2010 2:40PM
With the Emmy voting closed and the awards just over a week away, it's high time for me to resume giving you who I think should and who I think will win the major awards.
I've already given my picks for the Best Supporting Actor in a Drama, Best Supporting Actress in a Drama and Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy awards. Now we move on to the Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy category, where the competition is fierce... especially if you're on 'Modern Family.'
Ty Burrell, 'Modern Family'
Chris Colfer, 'Glee'
Jon Cryer, 'Two and a Half Men'
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, 'Modern Family'
Neil Patrick Harris, 'How I Met Your Mother'
Eric Stonestreet, 'Modern Family'
Who will win: This is an extremely tough category to handicap, mainly because pretty much everyone in the category -- except for Cryer, who should submit himself as a lead actor -- deserves the award. However, because of the Academy's tendency to keep giving the award to the same people year in and year out (this award should be called the John Larroquette Award for the number of times he won it when he was on 'Night Court'), I'm going to have to painfully say that Cryer still has a good shot of taking it this year, especially if the three 'Modern Family' actors split people's votes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- 'Suits': 17 Soul-Crushing Moments from 'We're Done'
- 'Extant' Episode 5 Photos: Molly and Ethan in Trouble
- More From BuddyTV
- Now We Can All Smell Like Tara Reid In 'Sharknado'
- Watch James Franco Fail at Getting Stephen Colbert to Break Character
- Hilary Duff Opens Up About 'Difficult' Mike Comrie Split
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Throw a Ball In Julia Roberts' Face
- Did Adrienne Bailon Just Throw Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape In the Mix?
- More From ET