March 6, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 21st 2008 12:25AM
(S0518/19) Well, the previews didn't lie. For weeks now, we've been told in previews and commercials -- not to mention numerous stories in the press -- that one of the principals would die on the finale of NCIS. The producers delivered; someone died. In one way, the death of Jenny Shephard, NCIS director, is the least painful loss, and also the most obvious. If you had Lauren Holly in the NCIS pool, you're the winner. For most of the episodes since the return from the strike, viewers have known that Ducky had determined that the director was sick. Jethro knew it; so did Jenny. But Jenny didn't know that Jethro knew. (Can you follow that?) Anyway, what it means in the big picture is that before tonight's two-hour finale, Jenny Shephard was the most likely candidate to bite the dust.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.17 Photos: Tony's Dad Offers His Expertise to the Team
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Who Pops the Question?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates with 'Hannibal,' 'America's Got Talent' and More
- First Look at 'Supergirl' Costume for CBS
- More From BuddyTV
- Glee Recap: Hostile Makeover
- Pilots: Lying Game's Alexandra Chando Is Among The CW's Dead People
- Pilots: Lauren Ambrose Rounds Out Cast of ABC's '70s-Set Broad Squad
- Gotham Casts Tech Guru Lucius Fox
- Supergirl vs. Wonder Woman, Black Canary and More: Which Crimefighting Costume Is Most Super?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Poses Fully Nude for Photo Shoot in 'KUTWK' Premiere
- 'Insurgent' Star Jai Courtney Has a 'Tumultuous Relationship' With Theo James
- 8 Celebrities Who Waist Train
- Inside the $75 Million World of Wolfgang Puck, Chef to the Stars
- 'Big Bang Theory' Pays Tribute to Leonard Nimoy: Impact Was 'Everlasting'
- More From ET