I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Kathryn Prescott
- Castle Shocker: Penny Johnson Jerald Not Returning for Season 8
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- More From TVLine
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- 'Teen Mom OG' Star Maci Bookout Welcomes Baby Girl
- 'Outlander' Boss Talks Dark Finale: Jamie Will Never Be the Same Again
- Kanye West Speaks at School's Fashion Show: 'When You're the Absolute Best, You Get Hated on the Most'
- Duggar Family to 'Share Our Hearts' in First Post-Scandal TV Interview with Fox News
- More From ET