I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Whispers Ends With 4-Week High, SYTYCD Ties Series Low
- Grey's, Scandal and HTGAWM Casts Wine and Shine in New TGIT Promo
- Penny Dreadful Season 3: Patti LuPone Returns (But There's a Huge Twist)
- Scandal's Huck and Quinn Torture The Muppets' Gonzo — And He Likes It
- The Voice's Season 9 Coaches Want Bette Midler to Do What?!
- More From TVLine
- Lena Dunham Calls Out Justin Bieber's 'What Do You Mean?' Lyrics
- Donald Trump to Sit Down With Jimmy Fallon on Sept. 11 Episode of 'The Tonight Show'
- Julianne Hough and Her Fiance Couldn't Look Happier at Their First Red Carpet Since Getting Engaged
- Mila Kunis Compares Ashton Kutcher to 'Bachelor in Paradise' Star Jared Haibon
- Taylor Swift: Man Arrested for Storming the Stage at '1989' Concert
- More From ET