I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- 'Bones' Episode 10.7 Photos: Booth Has More Issues With Aubrey
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET