I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Muting and the Beasts
- More From TVLine