I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Mysteries of Laura Cops Big Numbers Leading Out of Talent Finale, Red Band Society Opens Low
- Aubrey Plaza to Voice Grumpy Cat
- Sons of Anarchy: Alicia Coppola to School [Spoiler]
- SNL Taps Darrell Hammond to Succeed Don Pardo as Announcer
- Extant Finale Recap: This Boy Is on Fire
- More From TVLine
- Grumpy Cat Finds Her Grumpy Voice in 'Parks and Recreation's' Aubrey Plaza
- Any Day Now! Mila Kunis Shows Off Big Baby Bump in Short Shorts
- 7 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces
- Ethan Hawke on Robin Williams: 'It Was Obvious He Was In Tremendous Pain'
- Darrell Hammond Is Heading Back to 'Saturday Night Live' in a New Role
- More From ET