I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- 7 Reasons 'Downton Abbey' Fans Should Be Watching 'Call the Midwife'
- 'Bones' Poll: Should Brennan Go to Jail for Committing a Felony?
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'Put a Ring On It'
- More From BuddyTV
- Video: Patrick Stewart Is a Boorish, Boozy Blowhard in Starz's Blunt Talk
- Is New Dead Duo Adorable? Will Logo Go Looking? Best Body Swap? Double Standard on Arrow? And More Qs!
- Gilmore Girls Reunion at ATX TV Festival: 9 More Castmembers Joining Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel
- Ratings: Bones Returns Up, Scandal Dips, The Blacklist Hits Low
- TV's Best & Worst Weddings: Parks Perfection, Buffy Nightmare, Twisty Thrones, a Castle Miss and More
- More From TVLine
- Ryan Reynolds Shares Glorious First Pic as Deadpool--Check Out the Burt Reynolds Pose!
- Jennifer Lopez Caught Kissing Her Ex Casper Smart — Are They Back Together?
- Kate Middleton Makes Final Public Appearance Before Having Royal Baby No. 2
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Show PDA at Kenny Chesney Concert
- FLASHBACK: A Pre-Fame Mariah Carey Hopes for ‘Some Success'
- More From ET