I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- FX orders untitled comedy starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- James Gandolfini death: The actor's 10 best Tony Soprano moments
- 'Necessary Roughness' webisodes: Mehcad Brooks' tough TK falls in love ... with a vacuum cleaner
- 'The Voice': Blake Shelton talks Danielle Bradbery's win and what it means for the show
- 'Ghost Hunters' Jason Hawes: In Grant Wilson's absence, Steve Gonsalves has really stepped up
- More From Zap2it
- Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51
- Netflix Renews Hemlock Grove for Season 2
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- So You Think You Can Dance: Lessons Learned From the Top 20 Announcement Episode
- Exclusive Hannibal Video: Alana and Jack Argue Over Will's Mental Health — Is Their Pal a Killer?
- More From TVLine