I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 16 Amazing Christmas Episodes You Can Watch Right Now
- Why Everyone Needs to Watch HBO's 'The Wire'
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: George Clooney's Full Downton Spoof, Gabba Guests & More
- Mike Colter to Play Marvel Hero Luke Cage in Netflix's Jessica Jones Series
- Sleepy Hollow Photos: Ichabod's Date, Michelle Trachtenberg's Arrival & More
- Ratings: The Sound of Music Dips, Sunday Night Football Drops
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?
- More From TVLine
- How Robin Williams Helped His ‘Night at the Museum' Costar Get a Prom Date
- FLASHBACK: Scream Real Loud for Pee-wee Herman's 1988 Christmas Special!
- Singer Joe Cocker Dead at 70
- EXCLUSIVE! Lea Michele Spills Secrets from the Set of 'Glee's Final Season
- Jena Malone on Unconventional Childhood: 'I had 2 Moms, and It Was Awesome'
- More From ET