I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Top 7 Performance Recap: Filler Queen [Updated]
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- 'Real Housewives Of Atlanta' Star Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Fight with Kenya Moore
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Separation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- More From ET