I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Criminal Minds Season 10 Premiere: Do You Like the Addition of 'Love'?
- Michael Rosenbaum's Impastor Ordered to Series at TV Land
- Dana Delany Joins FX's The Comedians as Billy Crystal's Wife
- Fox Pulls Utopia From Tuesdays, MasterChef Junior to Claim Time Slot
- AHS: Freak Show Opening Credits — There Ought to Be (Menacing) Clowns
- More From TVLine
- Rascal Flatts' Joe Don Rooney Welcomes Third Child
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Girl Code's Nicole Byer Shares Hilarious Advice That All Ladies Should Follow!
- Vanessa Hudgens Terrifies Unsuspecting Guests at Knott's Scary Farm
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on Being 'Criminal Minds'' New Kid on the Block
- 'Reign' Season 2: Adelaide Kane on Sexier Storylines, Baby Mama Drama and More!
- More From ET