After weeks of heavy P.R., the loudly trumpeted 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' crossover on The CW Tuesday night amounted to, well, not much.
Haley and Mia traveled from their home in Tree Hill (at 8PM on The CW's Tuesday night lineup) to a music festival in Portland hosted by Ryan and Cate's radio station (in the timeslot immediately following their own). To an unfamiliar viewer, the concept of their transplant into 'Life Unexpected' could've felt contrived. In fact, it was quite believable within the 'One Tree Hill' world. Mia and Haley are established musicians on the show, so actually broadcasting one of their concerts (instead of just vaguely referring to offscreen performances) was not out of the ordinary at all.
As for 'Life Unexpected,' the integration of the musicians wasn't any worse than the uber-'90s bands of the week on any given episode of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer,' but one of the writers is clearly a HUGE Ben Lee fan.
(S06E11) I'll be the first person to admit that I loved Addison on Grey's Anatomy, but I hate Private Practice. Whenever crossovers happen, I never watch the Private Practice half and yet the storyline isn't lost by me. It's one of those ABC ploys for me to watch another show, and I'm not having it. The episode did make me miss Addison. She melded perfectly into Seattle Grace with her interactions with Callie, Bailey, Mark, and Derek as if she wasn't a guest character.
Overall, the episode continued its strong, character-driven direction this season and felt like a return to the core characters with Bailey's frankness, Cristina's determination, and Meredith's stereotypical facial expression she gives.
Well, I tip my cap to Speed Weed (that has to be an alias!) for writing the episode, "Random On Purpose," which struck me as one of the best examples that NCIS: Los Angeles is coming together pretty nicely. I could definitely see now how this show is evolving. More on that and the rest of the episode (including spoilers -- be warned -- after the jump).
Well, in an effort to perhaps pump up Fishburne's popularity, CBS is doing something unique. For the first time, a CSI character -- Langston -- will crossover to the other two shows in the same week, all part of the same story.
Will it work? Probably. Crossover stunts are always fun and it'll give viewers who watch one of the CSI's or two, to sample the other. That's not as weird as it sounds. I only watch CSI, not NY or Miami.
(S05E15) "I need you to be a God." - Addison to Derek
The Private Practice/Grey's Anatomy crossover reached its peak this week with a two-hour event. Both episodes were so action packed, thanks to patients Jen and Archer who were part of the two episodes, that this week you not only get a review for the Grey's Anatomy installment but also one for the Private Practice episode.
So let's get to it, shall we?
Burns: Listen, Spielbergo, Schindler and I are like peas in a pod. We're both factory owners, we both made shells for the Nazis, but mine worked damn it!
This episode opens like any other, with one tiny omission: Matt Groening's name does not appear on the Simpsons' television along with "James L. Brooks" and "Sam Simon." The story goes that Groening and Brooks were at odds over whether to let Jay Sherman from The Critic (a show created by Simpsons peeps Mike Reiss and Al Jean) appear in the episode. Groening felt, and quite rightly I believe, that Jay was not a part of the Simpsons' universe, and didn't belong on the show. A transcribed article about the tiff can be found here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.12: Hayley Faces Difficult Decision
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.12 Photos: Malcolm Merlyn Joins the Team
- More From BuddyTV
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Breaking Bad Star Anna Gunn
- HTGAWM Stars on the Arrival of Sam's [Spoiler], Future of The Keating 5: 'There's a Teeter-Totter of Trust'
- Parenthood Finale: Show Boss Talks Flash-Forward Surprises, Deleted Scenes and That FNL Cameo
- Scandal Returns: The 7 Craziest Reveals About Olivia's Vanishing
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Going, Going Wrong
- More From TVLine
- OMG T.G.I.T.! The Jaw-Dropping Moments From 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal' and 'HTGAWM'
- Ellen Snaps a Birthday Selfie With Music's Biggest Superstars
- 'Parenthood' Series Finale Recap: The Bravermans End Where It All Began
- Disney Is Introducing Its First Latina Princess!
- 6 Secrets Katy Perry Revealed About Her Super Bowl Halftime Show
- More From ET