My interest in Caprica hinges on how Battlestar Galactica concludes; will I really want to know more about how it all began? I could see them putting us in a place that has us craving for more, though it's likely Caprica is meant to stand on its own and without having to follow too many rules set by the BSG events. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Fred Savage, formerly of the short-lived show Crumbs and the classic The Wonder Years, is going to be a father. His wife, Jennifer Stone Savage, is pregnant and due in August.
Savage is 29 years old. This is the first child for the couple.
Here are the shows (on all networks) that media buyers think are in danger of cancellation:
It's actually a bit of a surprise that Crumbs is shelved. It's the highest-rated comedy on ABC these days, even ahead of The George Lopez Show. There are eight episodes of Crumbs that are left to air so maybe we'll see it back on the schedule this summer. Or on iTunes.
[The Futon Critic]
Here's the gist: Suzanne Crumb (Jane Curtin) is just getting out of a mental health care facility after having a nervous breakdown. She's not quite all the way back but has decided to leave. Her son Mitch (Fred Savage), a famous "movie writer" who is in the closet -- he's even sleeping with his therapist -- comes home to Connecticut to help her ease back into everyday life. He's also returned to mend fences with his brother Jody (Eddie McClintock), who hasn't forgiven him for running away after their brother Patrick died in a boating accident, the basis for Mitch's hit movie. Why did Suzanne lose her marbles? Because her husband Billy (William Devane) left her for a younger woman -- a restaurant reviewer who is now having their baby -- and abandoned the restaurant he ran with Jody, who is the chef.
- NBC has another live episode of Will and Grace at 8pm. It's followed by new eps of Four Kings, My Name Is Earl, The Office, and ER.
- ABC has a 90 minute Dancing With The Stars at 8, followed by the debut of Fred Savage's new sitcom Crumbs, and then a new Primetime.
- CBS, for some reason, has all repeats tonight: CSI: Miami, CSI, and Without A Trace.
- FOX has a new That 70s Show at 8, followed by a repeat That 70s Show and a new The O.C.
- The WB has a new Smallville, followed by a new Beauty and the Geek.
- UPN has all repeats too: Everybody Hates Chris at 8, and then Love, Inc, Eve, and Cuts.
- AMC has Timothy Dalton as 007 in The Living Daylights. It's on at 8.
- Also at 8: a repeat Emeril Live has the chef cooking old-fashioned fruit desserts. On the Food Network.
- I've never seen the game show MXC, but there's a new ep on Spike at 9 (followed by a repeat).
- HBO has The Grudge at 9, while HBO2 has Million Dollar Baby.
- At 10, A&E has a new episode of Dallas SWAT, while HGTV has a new House Hunters.
- MTV has a new episode of True Life titled "I'm on Steroids."
- Also at 10: some westerns on American Life: Sugarfoot, Kung Fu, and then Maverick.
- Some 10pm movies: WE has Janeane Garofalo in The Truth About Cats and Dogs, while TCM has Castle in the Sky.
- At 11, some goodies for cartoon fans on Cartoon Network: repeats of Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Futurama.
- Some people love him, some don't, but you can catch two repeat eps of The Andy Milonakis Show on MTV2 at 11.
- On the Sundance Channel at 11, Brian Grazer interviews Sumner Redstone on Iconoclasts.
- At midnight, ESPN2 has the State Farm U.S. Championships figure skating.
Bob talked last month about Fred Savage's new show, Crumbs, which debuts tomorrow night at 9:30EST on ABC. Bob didn't have a lot of info on the show at that time, but thanks to a great interview with Savage over on CNN, we now have more Fredtabulous scoop for you. Crumbs is a show about a dysfunctional family (I know, shocking to have a dysfunctional family in a sitcom, but bear with me). Jane Curtin plays the mom, who just got released from the mental hospital. Dad (William Devane) is expecting a baby with his girlfriend. One son is dead, one (Eddie McClintock) stuck around to run the family restaurant, and the third (Savage) is a gay prodigal son returning home from a failed Hollywood career.
South Beach (Wednesdays, UPN) Two hot, New York City working-class bachelors leave the big city behind to follow one of their girlfriends to South Beach, FL, only to discover that she has a new boyfriend. They get mixed up with the rich and famous in the club scene. After viewing a sneak preview on UPN's website, it looks like a guilty pleasure like The O.C., except with more sex and no high school. Jennifer Lopez is the executive producer and it co-stars Vanessa Williams as a club owner and mother to one of the main characters. South Beach premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 8 pm.
- Out: Eyes, Blind Justice, 8 Simple Rules, My Wife and Kids, Complete Savages.
- New: The Night Stalker, Invasion, Freddie, Commander-In-Chief, Hot Properties, What About Brian (debuts in January), Emily's Reasons Why Not (January), Crumbs (January), The Evidence (January), In Justice (January), and The Miracle Workers (January), Sons and Daugthers (January).
- Returning: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, America's Funniest Home Videos, Rodney, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Primetime Live, 20/20, The Bachelor (January), Jake In Progress (January), and Hope and Faith (January)
- Moving: Alias (Thursdays, 8 p.m., EST), Lost (Wednesdays, 9 p.m.), Boston Legal (Tuesdays, 10-11 p.m.), According To Jim (Tuesdays, 8 p.m.), George Lopez (Wednesday, 8 p.m), Supernanny (Friday, 8 p.m.)
Read on for show descriptions.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Final 4?
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Interview: Sarah Drew On the 'Incredibly Shocking' Winter Finale
- 2014 Golden Globe Nominations: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' 'House of Cards' and More New Shows
- [Videos] 'Scandal' Fall Finale Preview: Will Cyrus Help Sally?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrow' fall finale post mortem: Felicity and Oliver, Roy's transformation and Slade's revenge
- 'Vampire Diaries' EP talks Damon's revenge, Delena's future
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sarah Drew teases April's wedding
- 'The Price Is Right': Bob Barker celebrates his 90th birthday with game show return
- Kelly Clarkson's heading to 'Nashville,' y'all
- More From Zap2it
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Talks 'Shocking' Golden Globe Nomination, Previews Season 2
- Golden Globe Nods: My Snappy Judgments
- Golden Globe Nominees React! Who Said What?
- Golden Globe Nods 2014: The 30 Biggest Snubs!
- Video: The Next Christmas Light Fight Brings Out a Twerking Santa, Extra Strobes and 'Lagniappe'
- More From TVLine