Early during the Primetime Emmys, when Kristin's name was announced for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy, I don't know about you, but I let out a whoop! She won for Pushing Daisies, a show – as she pointed out in her tear-filled speech – was no longer on the air. At least one of the fine actors on that wonderful, fanciful show was recognized!
Because what I'm about to write may come across as sounding harsh and insensitive, let me preface all of this by saying that I love The Biggest Loser and have nothing but the utmost respect for the contestants and what they go through on the show.
In a world saturated with reality shows, The Biggest Loser is one of the few that still comes across as "real." You can't script a 100lb. weight loss.
With that out of the way, let me get to the point: I've had enough of these whiners doing nothing but hug each other and cry. The biggest culprits? The brothers, Mark and Jay. If tears contained calories, these two men would be skin and bones.
Here's the story: last month, Ellen and her partner, Portia de Rossi, adopted a Brussels Griffon mix called Iggy. But Iggy didn't get along with the cats, so Ellen gave him to her hairdresser. It turns out, she violated the rescue/adoption agreement with Mutts and Moms, which promptly took Iggy away from the hairdresser. On today's show, Ellen pleads with the agency to return the dog to the hairdresser whose two daughters had become attached to Iggy.
It's pretty heart wrenching stuff- video after the jump.
While I didn't get a chance to talk to Amber myself -- probably a good thing -- our friends over at Buddy TV asked her some of the tough questions show fans had in mind in an exclusive interview. I suggest you check out the entire interview, but I want to touch on one of the questions and her answers while adding my two cents in here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- Ratings: Survivor, Hell's Kitchen and Red Band Slip; Charlie Brown Surges
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET