curb your entusiasm
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Mar 15th 2010 12:06PM
A moody Larry David gave fans of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' plenty of cause not to embrace the spirit of his hit HBO show's title Sunday night -- announcing that he's planning on an upcoming eighth season.
David told a happy PaleyFest 2010 crowd that an eighth season "isn't definite yet. But we're working on some stuff. HBO definitely wants more of the show."
It was a case of "What a difference one night makes..." at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, as a generally older, more subdued yet equally affectionate gathering of supporters replaced the giddy, screaming masses that greeted 'Glee' the night before. That's not surprising if you consider fans of a show called 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' are not likely to act like 1960s coeds watching The Beatles on 'The Ed Sullivan Show.'
In fact, it'd be difficult to describe David as happy about his appearance at PaleyFest. Maybe he was playing to his TV show character or doing a deadpan bit, but nothing about his demeanor told me David was pleased to be up there with his costars and supposed friends.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Community' Season 5 spoilers: 5 things to know about 'Repilot' and 'Introduction to Teaching'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Episode 10 'The Bridge' recap: What happened the day after Coulson died?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4b: [SPOILER] is confirmed to return
- 'Orphan Black' recruits 'Suits' star Patrick J. Adams for Clone Club
- 2013 ACAs live blog: Danica Patrick, winners list and more
- More From Zap2it
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on True Blood, Criminal Minds, Revenge, Psych, Nashville and More
- Orphan Black Casts Superfan Patrick J. Adams
- Law & Order Vet Dann Florek to Exit SVU
- Tomorrow People's Mark Pellegrino Talks Protecting John, Obeying The Founder and More
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine