May 30, 2015
curb your entusiasm
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Mar 15th 2010 12:06PM
A moody Larry David gave fans of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' plenty of cause not to embrace the spirit of his hit HBO show's title Sunday night -- announcing that he's planning on an upcoming eighth season.
David told a happy PaleyFest 2010 crowd that an eighth season "isn't definite yet. But we're working on some stuff. HBO definitely wants more of the show."
It was a case of "What a difference one night makes..." at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, as a generally older, more subdued yet equally affectionate gathering of supporters replaced the giddy, screaming masses that greeted 'Glee' the night before. That's not surprising if you consider fans of a show called 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' are not likely to act like 1960s coeds watching The Beatles on 'The Ed Sullivan Show.'
In fact, it'd be difficult to describe David as happy about his appearance at PaleyFest. Maybe he was playing to his TV show character or doing a deadpan bit, but nothing about his demeanor told me David was pleased to be up there with his costars and supposed friends.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Castle Shocker: Penny Johnson Jerald Not Returning for Season 8
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- TVLine Items: Married Parents Cast, Oil Renamed, GH's New Dillon and More
- More From TVLine