October 31, 2014
curb your entusiasm
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Mar 15th 2010 12:06PM
A moody Larry David gave fans of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' plenty of cause not to embrace the spirit of his hit HBO show's title Sunday night -- announcing that he's planning on an upcoming eighth season.
David told a happy PaleyFest 2010 crowd that an eighth season "isn't definite yet. But we're working on some stuff. HBO definitely wants more of the show."
It was a case of "What a difference one night makes..." at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, as a generally older, more subdued yet equally affectionate gathering of supporters replaced the giddy, screaming masses that greeted 'Glee' the night before. That's not surprising if you consider fans of a show called 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' are not likely to act like 1960s coeds watching The Beatles on 'The Ed Sullivan Show.'
In fact, it'd be difficult to describe David as happy about his appearance at PaleyFest. Maybe he was playing to his TV show character or doing a deadpan bit, but nothing about his demeanor told me David was pleased to be up there with his costars and supposed friends.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET