Since NBC just launched the remake of the 70s sci-fi drama The Bionic Woman (I still love you Lindsay Wagner), some people are wondering if we'll ever see the original on DVD. TVGuide.com has an interesting story explaining why the original show (and the show it was spun off from, The Six Million Dollar Man) hasn't been released on DVD yet. And, you guessed it, is has to do with licenses and ownership.
After the "Justice" episode of The CW's Smallville aired last Thursday there was plenty of speculation as to whether there would be a spinoff of either the Green Arrow character or maybe a live-action version of the Justice League. In fact, many commenters to Adam Finley's review, as well as Adam himself, thought they could watch a series based on Cyborg, Aquaman, Impulse and Green Arrow.
Folks, don't hold your breath. According to Rob Allstetter over at Comics Continuum there are no plans for a spinoff. That comes directly from Smallville executive producer Al Gough, whom Allstetter spoke with on the matter. However, that doesn't me you've seen the last of these heroes. According to Gough several members may return towards the end of the season.
Personally, I would love to see a live-action Justice League series. However, with the shape the The CW is currently in (the corporate term would be "sucky") I'm not too sure where it would fit on the schedule. Then again, with the huge success of NBC's Heroes this type of show may be just what the network needs to make it a success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- More From TVLine