Since NBC just launched the remake of the 70s sci-fi drama The Bionic Woman (I still love you Lindsay Wagner), some people are wondering if we'll ever see the original on DVD. TVGuide.com has an interesting story explaining why the original show (and the show it was spun off from, The Six Million Dollar Man) hasn't been released on DVD yet. And, you guessed it, is has to do with licenses and ownership.
After the "Justice" episode of The CW's Smallville aired last Thursday there was plenty of speculation as to whether there would be a spinoff of either the Green Arrow character or maybe a live-action version of the Justice League. In fact, many commenters to Adam Finley's review, as well as Adam himself, thought they could watch a series based on Cyborg, Aquaman, Impulse and Green Arrow.
Folks, don't hold your breath. According to Rob Allstetter over at Comics Continuum there are no plans for a spinoff. That comes directly from Smallville executive producer Al Gough, whom Allstetter spoke with on the matter. However, that doesn't me you've seen the last of these heroes. According to Gough several members may return towards the end of the season.
Personally, I would love to see a live-action Justice League series. However, with the shape the The CW is currently in (the corporate term would be "sucky") I'm not too sure where it would fit on the schedule. Then again, with the huge success of NBC's Heroes this type of show may be just what the network needs to make it a success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Desiree Hartsock raps with Soulja Boy in leaked music video
- TV ratings: 'Dancing With the Stars' finale down from fall, 'The Voice' drops too
- 'Arrested Development': Tony Hale talks Season 4, Liza Minnelli and movie plans
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Season 14 finale: Cast members talk shocking cliffhanger
- Jennifer Aniston stages mini 'Friends' reunion to prepare for 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' co-host gig
- More From Zap2it
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The 5 Best Auditions From Los Angeles and Austin
- A 'Broken' Arrow in Season 2? Plus: Which Finale Scene Was Deleted for Being Too Revealing?
- American Horror Story Exclusive: Emma Roberts Joins the FX Spookfest's Coven
- Finale Ratings: Grimm Improves on Season 1 Closer, DWTS Down 21 Percent Vs. Year Ago
- Report: American Idol Mulling All-Alumni Judges' Panel — Crazy-Good or Just Crazy?
- More From TVLine