(S31E18) There was a lot to like about this episode, but there was a lot that should never seen the light of day too. For Hanks' eighth outing at SNL host, I would have expected a bit more. We've already seen so much this season with episodes from other classic hosts like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, that I was hoping maybe we'd get cameos from some of them. Another one of those "welcome to the club" sketches would have been funny... with those fez hats, cigars, and smoking jackets. Oh well, like I said, there was still plenty to like.
Cold Open - Politically charged as usual, the show opened with Bush and Cheney chit-chatting and discussing the current state of oil reserves and gasoline prices. Tom Hanks (as Senator Bill Frist) then shows up to tell the President about his new plan since his recent idea for a $100 gas rebate for all Americans did nothing except what the President described as "eat it." The entire conversation then evolved into some kind of infomercial where Frist was selling his new plan to Bush. As a token of the Government's thanks for allowing the drilling in Alaska, all Americans would now get $120, a free vacation to Busch Gardens, and two free Wonder Mops. Sounds like a deal to me... well maybe I'd do it if there were two re-fill shammies to come with the mops. What's that? There are two shammies? Sign me up!
Cracking the Da Vinci Code, Da Vinci Declassified, Exposing the Da Vinci Code... These are just three of the millions (I might be over-estimating a little) of Code-related shows that claim that they will illuminate secrets that you never knew before. I saw one a few years ago and thought it was pretty cool. Then I saw another one. And another. And another. They're impossible to avoid if you watch stuff like the History Channel a lot.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- Andi Dorfman Takes a Dig at Juan Pablo in New 'Bachelorette' Poster
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Louis Canning Save Lockhart-Gardner?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Surprising Valentine's Day
- More From BuddyTV
- What to Watch Monday: The Voice Goes Live, Castle's Disco Daze, Archer Finale and More
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- Mad Men Recap: A Thorny Matter Indeed
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- More From TVLine