If my initial reaction is any indication of whether or not a lawsuit has any merit, then this suit might have merit. When I first heard that Showtime was doing a show titled Californication, I immediately thought of the Red Hot Chili Peppers song and album from several years ago. Now the band is suing the cable channel over use of the name.
The band says that the title of the show dilutes the value of the album/song and that the title "immediately is associated in the mind of the consumer" with the band. The album was released in 1999. I didn't know that a character from the show, Dani California, was also the name of a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers a couple of years ago.
This sounds like a legitimate lawsuit to me, but who knows. I'm certainly not an attorney. My background is in gynecology.
(S31E18) There was a lot to like about this episode, but there was a lot that should never seen the light of day too. For Hanks' eighth outing at SNL host, I would have expected a bit more. We've already seen so much this season with episodes from other classic hosts like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, that I was hoping maybe we'd get cameos from some of them. Another one of those "welcome to the club" sketches would have been funny... with those fez hats, cigars, and smoking jackets. Oh well, like I said, there was still plenty to like.
Cold Open - Politically charged as usual, the show opened with Bush and Cheney chit-chatting and discussing the current state of oil reserves and gasoline prices. Tom Hanks (as Senator Bill Frist) then shows up to tell the President about his new plan since his recent idea for a $100 gas rebate for all Americans did nothing except what the President described as "eat it." The entire conversation then evolved into some kind of infomercial where Frist was selling his new plan to Bush. As a token of the Government's thanks for allowing the drilling in Alaska, all Americans would now get $120, a free vacation to Busch Gardens, and two free Wonder Mops. Sounds like a deal to me... well maybe I'd do it if there were two re-fill shammies to come with the mops. What's that? There are two shammies? Sign me up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Episode 10.2 Photos: Another Lead in the Search for Booth's Enemy
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Premiere Photos
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Where Is Richard Castle?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 12 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Alaric Is Back
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Final Season Twist: [Spoiler] to Exit Early
- DWTS Season 19 Premiere Recap: Who Rocked? Who's at Risk?
- The Flash Enlists Barry Allen's Original Love Interest as STAR Labs Rival
- Castle Season 7 Photos: Beckett & Co. Are Gunning for Answers
- Finding Carter Season Finale First Look: Prepare for Lori's Craziest Surprise Yet
- More From TVLine