If my initial reaction is any indication of whether or not a lawsuit has any merit, then this suit might have merit. When I first heard that Showtime was doing a show titled Californication, I immediately thought of the Red Hot Chili Peppers song and album from several years ago. Now the band is suing the cable channel over use of the name.
The band says that the title of the show dilutes the value of the album/song and that the title "immediately is associated in the mind of the consumer" with the band. The album was released in 1999. I didn't know that a character from the show, Dani California, was also the name of a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers a couple of years ago.
This sounds like a legitimate lawsuit to me, but who knows. I'm certainly not an attorney. My background is in gynecology.
(S31E18) There was a lot to like about this episode, but there was a lot that should never seen the light of day too. For Hanks' eighth outing at SNL host, I would have expected a bit more. We've already seen so much this season with episodes from other classic hosts like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, that I was hoping maybe we'd get cameos from some of them. Another one of those "welcome to the club" sketches would have been funny... with those fez hats, cigars, and smoking jackets. Oh well, like I said, there was still plenty to like.
Cold Open - Politically charged as usual, the show opened with Bush and Cheney chit-chatting and discussing the current state of oil reserves and gasoline prices. Tom Hanks (as Senator Bill Frist) then shows up to tell the President about his new plan since his recent idea for a $100 gas rebate for all Americans did nothing except what the President described as "eat it." The entire conversation then evolved into some kind of infomercial where Frist was selling his new plan to Bush. As a token of the Government's thanks for allowing the drilling in Alaska, all Americans would now get $120, a free vacation to Busch Gardens, and two free Wonder Mops. Sounds like a deal to me... well maybe I'd do it if there were two re-fill shammies to come with the mops. What's that? There are two shammies? Sign me up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Apollo-gy Aftermath
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Performs 'Yellow Flicker Beat' at 2014 AMAs: Was it Weird or Wonderful?
- Taylor Swift Debuts 'Blank Space' at 2014 AMAs: Was It Crazy Good?
- American Music Awards Red Carpet: TV Stars from PLL, Walking Dead and More
- Major Crimes Boss Talks of TNT's Faith, 'Slithery' Stroh's Return, Spin-Off Fate
- ABC Cancels John Stamos-Led Members Only Drama Before Premiere
- More From TVLine
- American Music Awards 2014: The Complete Winners List (Updating Live)
- Taylor Swift and Kelly Osbourne Help Sarah Hyland Ring in Her 24th Year
- Selena Gomez Shares a Behind-the-Scenes Moment Before the 2014 AMAs
- Katy Perry Starts a Feud with Australian Paparazzi on Twitter
- 'SNL' Makes Cameron Diaz a 'Back Home Baller' and Brings Back 'Schoolhouse Rock'
- More From ET