After Bart finds a wounded pigeon and nurses it back to health, Homer takes charge. With the help of Moe the bartender, he decides to enter the bird in the annual "Springfield Birditarod" race. But Homer's fantasies of bird-racing glory lead to a surreal dream sequence, guest-starring sexy race car driver Danica Patrick. The female driver waltzes into Homer's dream, causing him to say ...
But wait ... does the fact that Handler has a whole chapter in her book devoted to re-gifting change Patrick's mind? Apparently, not at all. And the vodka's unopened, so it's not like someone's been guzzling out of it or anything. Not that Handler would. Ok, she totally would, but that's beside the point.
Watch the video after the jump.
Check out the entire Daytona 500 schedule after the jump!
Looks like a lot more celebs are lining up to be on Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice than I thought.
So far, the Donald has signed Joan Rivers, Carmen Electra, Jim Cramer of CNBC, Naomi Judd, George Foreman, Pete Rose, Tony Hawk, Danica Patrick, and Jeff Gordon. That's quite a mixture of sports figures, comics, and really loud financial analysts. I wonder if Foreman will try to punch Trump if he tries to tell him how to sell things.
Trump says that there are over one hundred celebrities who wanted to be on the show (guess they'll have to wait until Celebrity Apprentice 2). Trump also reveals that Britney Spears and Paris Hilton have some interest in being on the show, and he's going to try to get Lindsay Lohan too. Oh, that would be great if they could be on the same team, wouldn't it? What could their team name be?
Apparently, Dave showed up to work today but took ill with a stomach problem. It must have been pretty bad, because the only things that have kept Dave off the air in the past were a bad case of the shingles and heart bypass surgery. According to the AP, this is believed to be the first time Dave was not able to go on after showing up for work.
Anyway, tonight's main guest, Adam Sandler, was recruited to fill in, and seems to be doing an OK job of it so far . And he was even able to pull in his Reign Over Me co-star, Don Cheadle, as a guest, so the movie promotion machine didn't skip a beat. Oh, and as a privilege of hosting, Sandler decided to bring his bulldog, Matzoball, up on stage. Awww.....
It's really great to watch TV all day and night for a living. But then again, it's not that great to watch TV all day and night, because there's a lot of crap you have to put up with to get to the good stuff. Take commercials. Now, I actually like commercials, the good ones, but there are so many bad ones that...ugh. Here are five new-ish ones that have been driving me batty.
1. That Honda commercial with Danica Patrick: She's on her way to meet someone and is running late, so she drives fast and is pulled over by a state trooper. She says to herself "it's showtime" and decides to undo her shirt a little and make sure her makeup is OK, to show the cop her breasts and flirt so she won't get a ticket. Congratulations, Danica. All the progress you made by being a female race car driver was just set back five years. A true role model for all the little girls out there.
Go Daddy has probably used the Superbowl commercials to their advantage as much as, or more than, anybody. Because of their history, their commercials are some of the most anticipated. Here we get a peek behind the scenes at the marketing department.
It's not a bad ad, but nothing special. Even seeing it for the first time it seems like something we have seen before. The idea that the marketing department at Go Daddy is just one big party is amusing, but simple. I take off a couple points for including the American Chopper guys. I've just seen too much of them at this point. Those points and then some are gained back by the appearance of Danica Patrick though. I do love my racing. The return of Candice Michelle is nice. Seeing Kevin Rose in the commercial was a bit odd, but given their business, it makes sense.
David Letterman, who is from Indiana and got his start in television as a weatherman at an Indianapolis station, has been on the Indy 500 racing circuit for years. He co-owns Rahal Letterman Racing with former Indy 500 winning racer Bobby Rahal. Currently, his highest-profile racer is young spitfire Danica Patrick, who started the race in the 10th position. They also have Buddy Rice and Townsend Bell, who started in 14th and 15th.
[Thanks for the tip, Doc!]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Pepper Finds a New Home
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Season Finale Recap: A Fairytale Win for the 29th Survivor
- 'The 100' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Will Camp Jaha Give Finn Up?
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Season Finale Recap: And the Winning Chef Is...
- 'Glee' Season 6 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Winter Finale Recap: Nun of a Kind
- The 100 Post Mortem: Star Eliza Taylor Defends 'Brilliant,' Heartbreaking Twist
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur Finale: Did the Right Contestant Win Season 29?
- Parenthood 100th Episode Photos Tease Big Reconciliation, Heartbreaking Tragedy
- Revenge Welcomes Suits' Gina Torres as a Shady Socialite in Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Stephen Collins Confesses to Katie Couric: 'I'm a Human Being With Flaws'
- Backstreet Boys Documentary Trailer Details the Boy Band's Career and 2013 Reunion
- Watch Tom Hiddleston Sing a Christmas Carol With a Puppy in His Lap
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Names Sole Survivor
- 'The 100' Boss Explains Mid-Season Finale's Heartbreaking Death
- More From ET