I sometimes enjoy watching Judge Judy, but it's one of those shows that I can't possibly imagine owning the DVDs. Once is enough for me. But if you're really into the show, there's a 2-Pack set being released this week.
But I have to get the Get Smart DVDs at some point. That's the only show being released that I have any interest in.
- The Cleaner - Season 1
- Corner Gas - Season 6
- Danny Phantom - Season 3
- Father Knows Best - Season 3
- Get Smart - Season 3
- At 8, ABC has a new Set For Life.
- NBC has the Miss Teen USA Pageant at 8.
- PBS has a new NOW at 8, then a new Washington Week.
- There's a new Smackdown! on The CW at 8.
- Nickelodeon has a new Danny Phantom at 8.
- Also at 8: TCM has Bedtime For Bonzo.
- At 8:30, Animal Planet has a new Meerkat Manor.
- At 9, USA has a new Monk, followed by a new Psych.
- Discovery has a new Survivorman at 9.
- CMTV has a new Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge at 9.
- At 11, HBO has the season premiere of Real Time With Bill Maher with guests Mike Huckabee, Tim Robbins and Stephen Hayes.
- At 12:30am, ESPN2 has a woman's semifinal match from the Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Here's some animation news from the past week or so:
First, don't forget that Frisky Dingo's second season kicks off on August 26 on Adult Swim at midnight. That's next Sunday.
In a younger vein, kids can look forward to brand new episodes of Danny Phantom starting tomorrow, August 20. New episodes will premiere throughout the week at 4:00 p.m. each day, ending with the hour-long TV movie Phantom Planet at 8:00 p.m. on Friday.
That's "Annie" as in the annual animation awards given out by ASIFA-Hollywood, which I mentioned here not too long ago. If you don't also frequent our sister site Ad Jab, you should click here and see all the animated commercials that were nominated this year. Matt Ferguson is also posting some Annie clips on his blog, The Living Animation Festival (via Cartoon Brew). Right now he has a handful of short films and some clips from the theatrical releases that were nominated this year. Since I posted the commercials over on Ad Jab I figured I'd also throw down some clips of the animated TV series that received nominations this year. After the jump see clips from:
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, "Bus the Two of Us" (Craig McCracken nominated for best director)
Danny Phantom, "King Tuck" (nominated for character design)
Shorty McShort's Shorts, "Boyz on Da Run Part 1" (nominated for best music)
- FOX is all new tonight, with Bernie Mac at 8pm, Malcolm at 8:30, and then Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy.
- ABC has the results show for Dancing With The Stars, followed by new eps of In Justice and 20/20.
- CBS has new eps of Ghost Whisperer at 8, Close To Home at 9, and Numb3rs at 10.
- NBC has a new ep of one of my guilty pleasures at 8, Most Outrageous Moments, followed by a repeat ep, and then new eps of Dateline and The Book of Daniel.
- The WB has a repeat of What I Like About You at 8, followed by new eps of Living With Fran, Reba, and Twins, while UPN has a new ep of WWE Friday Night Smackdown at 8.
- Remember the "Ross and Rachel take a break" eps of Friends? Two of them are on TBS at 8, followed by Jennifer Lopez in The Wedding Planner.
- AMC has Thunderball at 8, which is a good Bond flick but not the best.
- Also at 8: HGTV has a new episode of Get Color, followed by new eps of Design Remix, Double Take, and Freestyle.
- HBO has Denzel Washington in Man On Fire. It's on at 8 too.
- At 9, Nickelodeon has a new episode of Danny Phantom.
- Bill Maher visits Larry King on CNN at 9.
- Also at 9, MTV2 has new eps of Wildboyz and Team Sanchez.
- Sundance has the movie Slam. It's on at 9 too.
- USA has a new episode of Monk at 10.
- Also at 10: the Travel Channel has a new ep of Weird Travels titled "Creepy Creatures."
- Last night I stayed up late to watch the 1984 comedy Top Secret! Which reminds me that TCM has Elvis in Jailhouse Rock tonight at 10.
- At 10:30, there's a repeat ep of Dinner For Five, with Bruce Campbell, Rob Zombie, and Roger Corman. Hey, is this show still in production?
- At 11, A&E has a new episode of Random 1.
- More Bond flicks: A&E has Tomorrow Never Dies at midnight, and AMC has For Your Eyes Only at 1:15.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lauren Graham Lands Odd Couple Gig as Matthew Perry's Ex-Wife
- Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops
- TLC Cancels Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: Olivia, Alicia and 8 Other Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- More From TVLine
- Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter After Death Threats Over Controversial Tweet
- 'Potty-Mouth Princess' Director and Child Star's Mom Defend Controversial Campaign
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- More From ET