In any event I received a great trivia question from "elf" that goes like this, "Can you name anyone who has won the grand prize on the original Gong Show who later went on to be nominated for three Oscars?"
This one took some thinking but I'm pretty sure the answer is Danny Elfman. His original band ,The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo (later shortened to Oingo Boingo), won the grand prize on the ol' Gong Show and he then went on to be nominated for Oscars for his scores to Big Fish, Men in Black and Good Will Hunting. Excellent question, elf.
This weeks question is for true TV fans only ...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Arrow': Will a Main Character Die in Season 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- American Idol Top 8 Guys Recap: W(ednesday's) T(errible) F(allout)
- More From TVLine