In any event I received a great trivia question from "elf" that goes like this, "Can you name anyone who has won the grand prize on the original Gong Show who later went on to be nominated for three Oscars?"
This one took some thinking but I'm pretty sure the answer is Danny Elfman. His original band ,The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo (later shortened to Oingo Boingo), won the grand prize on the ol' Gong Show and he then went on to be nominated for Oscars for his scores to Big Fish, Men in Black and Good Will Hunting. Excellent question, elf.
This weeks question is for true TV fans only ...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- More From BuddyTV
- Amy Adams Hosts SNL: Watch Video of Best and Worst Sketches
- Kevin Hart Hosting First SNL of 2015
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular
- More From TVLine