(S04E02) I've been a fan of Atlantis from the beginning, but then I've been a fan of a boatload of shows that nobody watched. So, with SG-1 ending I was a little concerned over whether or not the little brother was ready to stand on its own. Even as it wound down in the uneven final season, being paired up with SG-1 is still a better match than sharing schedule space with Flash Gordon. Two episodes into Atlantis' big adventure though, I think the show is going to be just fine.
Something that maybe some of us took for granted was the fact that, not only were we participating in a panel interview with the cast of these shows, we were conducting these panels on the very set the show is shot on (the Stargate is right there!) It also helped that there were only 25 of us handing around a microphone, making it very easy for everyone to get in at least one question.
Stargate Atlantis was on hiatus from shooting, but that didn't stop David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell and showrunners Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie from heading to the studio to meet us all. Check back later for part two of the panel.
[UPDATE: The video below now includes the entire panel video.]
(S03E20) "I'm just saying... They're a cool team... and we're a cool team..."
This week Atlantis brought out what I consider to be a classic season finale. By the end of the show there are questions about who is going to live, the survival of the city, and an impending war with the replicators. As long as they don't kick off season four with Shepard stepping out of a steamy shower, or waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette, things are looking very good for the future of Atlantis.
(S03E19) This is more of what I have been waiting for as the season winds down for the Atlantis team. Here is an arc with a good enemy that builds nicely on the overall Atlantis story. I love the decision to bring back Michael. That's partly just because I like Connor Trinneer (Enterprise), but mostly because the story of Michael, and what the Atlantis team did to him, is very interesting.
(S03E18) OK, before we get to the story, let me backtrack to last week for a moment. I wasn't a fan of how Beckett died because I didn't think it was big enough for such an important character. This week, that same thing kind of highlights one small issue with the episode. I know SG Atlantis isn't a strict serial and that they are planning to be showing these all over our television for years to come, but could a brother get a mention? Maybe just a little acknowledgment that one of the main characters died? Perhaps even a reaction, or something to show that anyone might be just a wee bit effected by his passing? I guess not.
i no! n did u hear bout teyla n shep!?!
Good grief. I'm just not sure what all of that even was. The one thing that has been nagging at me a little bit regarding Atlantis is that there have been too many unrelated, stand-alone, episodes. It's a problem that big brother SG-1 shares. It's a minor complaint though, because a lot of these episodes have actually been pretty good. "The Tao of Rodney" and "The Game" were both very fun. And "The Ark" had an interesting story behind it. With the season winding down though, it's high time for a multiple episode arc with a little more meat to it.
This wasn't it. A lot of this just left me scratching my head. From Teyla hinting about some mystery guy, to Dr. Weir and her When Harry Met Sally flirtation with Mike, to Rodney's bumbling marriage discussion with Katie. I think that there is room for some kind of a romantic story in Atlantis, but this was too much too fast. Especially when you consider what was the big story of the episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City': 7 Things to Know about New Housewife Kristen Taekman
- [Video] 'The Originals' Sneak Peek: Has Klaus Become His Father?
- 'The Following': 15 Shocking Moments from 'The Messenger'
- 5 Reasons USA's 'Chrisley Knows Best' Is Must-See TV
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Originals': Joseph Morgan surveys the fraught future of the Mikaelson family
- 'Salem': Iddo Goldberg would cast a spell for fast Amazon delivery (also world peace)
- 'Teen Mom 2' exclusive clip: Is Nathan 'too good to be true' for Jenelle?
- Terry Crews: 'I'm game' for Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Netflix series
- 'The Following' Season 2, episode 8: Why was the big twist revealed before 'The Messenger' aired?
- More From Zap2it
- Memories From the Set: Bradley Whitford Talks Stints on West Wing, ER, Frasier and More
- Banshee Season 2 Finale Exclusive: Watch the Time-Tripping Opening Sequence Now!
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Sneak Peek: Boyle's Tuxedo Fashion Show Commits a Criminal Offense
- What to Watch Tuesday: S.H.I.E.L.D. Meets Thor, Raylan Vs. Eric Roberts, Sitcom Weddings & More
- The Bachelor Finale: Who 'Won'? Why Was Juan Pablo Glum? And Who's the New Bachelorette?
- More From TVLine