According to CNN, the actor is suing Screen Gems, CRT Holdings, Sony Pictures Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment in Los Angeles Superior Court.
"For nearly 40 years, defendants have swindled Mr. Cassidy out of his rightful share of the profits from 'The Partridge Family,' and when Mr. Cassidy has inquired as to the matter, have lied to him so as to continue to conceal their deception," the lawsuit says.
Additionally, the lawsuit alleges that the defendants aren't staying true to Cassidy's contract and are continuing to scam him.
He volunteered to be the first project manager for the men's team, and then allowed a minor pushing scuffle with fellow contestant David Cassidy to escalate into a boardroom blowout.
"Did you push, as an example, David off? Physically push him," Donald Trump asked Hatch.
"Not physically, intentionally ever," Hatch answered carefully.
Trump Confirms Full 'Celebrity Apprentice' Cast, Includes LaToya Jackson, Lil Jon, Meat Loaf (VIDEO)
He brought along 8x10s of each cast member, and Jimmy Fallon unveiled them one by one: LaToya Jackson, Gary Busey, Star Jones, Atlanta's 'Real' Housewife Nene Leakes, baseball's José Canseco, Lisa Rinna, former teen idol David Cassidy, supermodel Niki Taylor, 'Survivor' Season 1 nudist/winner Richard Hatch, Oscar winner Marlee Matlin, Meat Loaf, Mark McGrath, Playboy Playmate Hope Dworaczyk, Lil Jon, Dionne Warwick and country music's John Rich.
What are your thoughts on these 16 celebs battling it out for charity? Who's the biggest surprise, and who do you think will win?
Let's just say their answers probably wouldn't get them a business-related job anywhere else other than an NBC reality show -- LaToya Jackson's "I'm an entrepreneur, and a Jackson" and Nene Leakes' "When I walk into a room, I own it" aren't actual things you can put on your resume. Jose Canseco's menacing bat swing and Gary Busey's terrifying gaze might get me to think twice, though.
• Former '70s heartthrob David Cassidy vowed to fight DUI charges from his arrest earlier this month, and kept his promise by pleading not guilty in a Florida court today.
• Kim Kardashian is among a long list of celebs playing dead for a good cause -- a new campaign to raise awareness for World AIDS Day and Keep A Child Alive. Each will make a "Digital Life Sacrifice," wherein they stop using Twitter and Facebook in an effort to raise awareness and money for Keep A Child Alive.
• Eva Longoria's divorce hasn't even been finalized yet and she already has men lining up. Rumor has it that ladies man John Mayer is very interested.
• Jennifer Aniston and comedienne Chelsea Handler are new besties. The two spent Thanksgiving together in Cabo.
• Amber Portwood welcomed her daughter back into her home on Monday after domestic abuse charges caused Indiana authorities to make Leah a ward of the state.
That's right, the men of the new season, Gary Busey, David Cassidy, Richard Hatch, Meat Loaf, Mark McGrath, Jose Canseco, Lil Jon and John Rich, were busy selling pizza for charity outside. Naturally, we went to see.
Check out our guerrilla-style video of Lil Jon and Busey trying to rally New Yorkers inside the pizzeria while McGrath, Canseco and Cassidy hard at work making more pies.
According to TMZ, the three men, along with supermodel Niki Taylor, have been tapped to join the cast of 'Celebrity Apprentice.' Previously reported contestants include La Toya Jackson, Star Jones and Mark McGrath.
Gossip Cop claims TV Land star Lisa Rinna, 'Partridge Family' star David Cassidy, singer Dionne Warwick, rock star Meatloaf, Osca winner Marlee Matlin and Playboy veteran Hope Dworaczyk will also be part of this season's 'Celebrity Apprentice' cast.
Never one to shy away from controversy, Bonaduce addressed Dey's absence first. "The only way you can reach Susan Dey is, I think, by teleprompter. She does not come out of the cave as far as I can tell," he said.
Watch the video after the jump.
Where are 'The Partridge Family' stars now? They invited you to 'C'mon Get Happy,' but did the cast of 'The Partridge Family' follow its own advice? David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Brian Forster and Suzanne Crough are among the stars of the classic 1970s musical sitcom that reunited this morning on NBC's 'Today.'
Some of the TV family members have stayed in the public eye since their days of donning crushed velvet and singing 'I Think I Love You,' while others have long since gotten off the pop culture bus. Here's where the Partridges flew following the cancellation of the series in 1974.
ABC has canceled his new show Ruby & The Rockits. It seems like the show just started ... well, that's because that's pretty much true. The show will be axed after only one season.
Anyone who wants to see the show renewed for a second season will have to start a campaign like the nut campaign that saved Jericho for another season. I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure what you could mail to ABC Family to get their attention. Maybe rubies? Rockets?
If you, too, are a closet fan of The Partridge Family, here's your chance to catch a mini-reunion of the singing family. David Cassidy plays David Gallagher on the ABC Family show Ruby & The Rockits. Shirley Jones -- who played his mom on The Partridge Family -- will once again play that role on Ruby.
Ok, here's where things get complicated. In real life, Jones is Cassidy's stepmother. She's also mom to his co-star and brother Patrick Cassidy, who plays Patrick Gallagher on Ruby. Meanwhile, David's brother Shaun Cassidy serves as executive producer, and brother Ryan is the show's set decorator.
Now if we could just get Danny Bonaduce and Susan Dey to guest star as traveling musicians passing through town in a colorful bus, a whole lot of lovin' is what they'd be bringin'!
That show is Life Unexpected, which CW programming head Dawn Ostroff described as "Juno meets Gilmore Girls." After seeing the pilot, I can agree with that description. It's sweet, warm, even a little bit hokey. In fact, it feels like a show that would have been on the old WB network. What the heck is it doing on the CW?
After you have spent as many hours watching TV as I have, you grow immune to the out of date idea that television rots your brain or that it's the opiate of the masses or any of the other nonsense that has been spouted throughout the years. However, even though I love television and make no excuses for that love, there are a few shows that I am almost ashamed to say that I love. Here are the top five shows that I can't get enough of.
1. Big Brother
I look forward to this show every summer. Ever since season two, when Dr. Will showed that it's possible to be the biggest prick in the house and still win, I am always amazed by BB.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Everywhere I go, young people ask me the same question, "How did you finish that whole sandwich in one sitting?" Then, when we're all done laughing, they ask me how they can become a TV expert like myself. So, as a favor to you aspiring Dukes and Duchesses, here are ten things you need to be a TV Geek.
1. At least one TV over 40 inches
Not all homes are built to accommodate a flat screen or a rear projection TV, if this is the situation in your house ... move.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- Kit Harington's Long Hair: Is it a Clue to Jon Snow's Game of Thrones Future?
- Heroes Reborn: Animated Character Posters Reveal the Newbies' Powers
- Falling Skies: Drew Roy Talks Confusing 'Warrior' Cry, Hal's Triangle Troubles
- More From TVLine
- George & Amal Clooney Celebrate Fourth of July in Lake Como with Julia Roberts
- Bobby Brown Performs In Atlanta But Doesn't Mention Bobbi Kristina Onstage
- Billy Joel Secretly Marries Alexis Roderick at Long Island Estate
- Princess Charlotte Christened In Same Church Princess Diana Was Baptized In -- See the Pics!
- Royal Baby Girl Princess of Cambridge Pics
- More From ET