david james elliott
According to the Live Feed, Thursday's episode, featuring the Snooki arrest fallout and JWoww's breakup, was seen by 8.9 million viewers. This is MTV's largest audience for a series telecast ever -- the previous record was set a few weeks ago after the season 2.5 premiere. Last week's episode had 8.6 million viewers.
'Jersey Shore's' audience is about two times the size of NBC's 'Community.' Just sayin'.
In other TV News ...
• The cast of CBS's 'Criminal Minds' sorta hopes the new spinoff series, 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior,' fails. Say what? Series star Shemar Moore is quoted as saying, "I'm flattered that we've done such a good job that they would like to do another show, but there's another part of me that wants it to fail." [TV Guide Canada]
• Jaren Brandt Bartlett will play Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle on 'Smallville.' Look for the relatively unknown actor to appear in episode 17, 'Booster.' [Entertainment Weekly]
• First Lady Michelle Obama will sit down with Oprah Winfrey for an episode of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show.' Obama's interview will focus on the launch of a campaign to support families with somebody serving in the military. The show is set to air on Thurs., Jan. 27. [Hollywood Reporter]
According to E! Online, the star wiped out when he lost control of his bike when landing a stunt, which knocked him unconscious. He was rushed to the hospital, where doctors put him in a medically induced coma to reduce brain swelling. He also sustained a broken wrist and broken ribs.
The star remains in critical condition.
In other TV news ...
• Simon MacCorkindale, the British actor who stared in NBC's 'Manimal,' died "in the arms of his wife." He was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2006, and the disease spread to his lungs in 2007. He was 58. [TV Guide]
• David Letterman has tied Jay Leno in the ratings for the first time this season. Both comedians got 0.9 ratings in the 18- to 49-year-old demographic for the first time this season. [Hollywood Insider]
• David James Elliott will return to TV on CBS's 'CSI: NY.' The former 'JAG' star will first appear in January, and there's a possibility he could stick around for multiple episodes. [TV Guide]
Unfortunately, on the most recent episode, they're not doing too well -- either with the "working together" part, or the "not committing crimes" part.
Cal West attempts a robbery in order to raise money for his dad's legal defense. But he's stopped by his twin brother Logan West. (Both parts are played by Patrick Flueger.) Cal and Logan may be twins, but they're opposites in every possible way. One's clean-cut and responsible; the other, scruffy and impetuous. Soon enough, they get in a physical fight over the attempted burglary. They also bicker about what so many brothers argue about -- which one of them their dad likes best. It's classic sibling rivalry -- with an odd mirror image twist.
Thieves are usually the bad guys, the people we hate on TV ... but not with 'Scoundrels.'
ABC's new drama centers on a family of thieves, including mom Cheryl, played by Virginia Madsen, and schemer extraordinaire dad Wolf, played by David James Elliott. When Wolf gets thrown in the clink for crimes committed, Cheryl decides it's time for the whole family to quit the business and go legit. Apparently, that's not so easy for any of them. But according to Elliott, they're just a "typical American family ... every family's dysfunctional on a level."
I caught up with the stars to find out more about the show, and to hear how playing bad on TV has affected them in real life. Check it out here ...
More casting news after the jump.
And when I say Sci Fi, I mean the network, not necessarily the content. I'm sure we could easily open up that oldie, but goodie, about what is science fiction and why certain things are ending up on the channel. We'll save that for another time though, as right now we should talk about JAG, with swords. Elliott (JAG) is set to star in Mirabilis. The four-hour mini tells the story of four knights who must come together to save their land, the titular town.
Elliott plays John, a knight seeking vengeance after his family was killed. He'll be joined by Natassia Malthe (DOA: Dead Or Alive. Yes, I watched it) as another of the knights, Perfidia. Perfidia is also John's love interest. The script is by Sam Egan (Jeremiah) and is being produced by Reunion Pictures. If you are wondering about the quality of production, I'll add that RHI Entertainment is involved and they are responsible for such Sci Fi treats as The Lost Empire. To be fair though, they also had a hand in Tin Man, so it could go either way. I'll watch it, but then I'm kind of the Mikey of bad sci fi. I'll watch anything, even SS Doomtrooper. It had Corin Nemec!
Casting David is a plus for starters. The former JAG star has a nice balance of serious and tongue-in-cheek, so hopefully he'll keep Impact from getting too cheesey. The story, however, does have Velveeta potential.
A lot of people who started watch JAG a little later in the show's run might not realize that the first season of the show was on NBC, not CBS. NBC canceled it after the first season, and in a rare move, another network (CBS) picked it up. But at the end of the first season, there was an episode titled "Skeleton Crew." NBC never showed the episode because they canceled the show. And when the second season started, CBS decided not to show the episode either, because Catherine Bell played David James Elliott's girlfriend in the episode, and she would later be on the show as Mac. Certain scenes of the episode were shown later, however, in another episode.
But fans, there's good news: the episode will finally be seen when the first season DVD set hits stores! The set will be released on July 25.
Anyway, the first season of the show is finally coming out on DVD. It will be six DVDS, and these will be episodes from when it was on NBC (it later went to CBS when NBC canceled it - fools!). Paramount will release the set on July 25, complete with a couple of featurettes on the making of the show, plus a commentary from creator Donald Bellisario on the pilot ep.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: Confronting Nick and Fantasy Suite Sex
- 'Extant' Episode 4 Photos: An Island Escape
- 'The Fosters' Recap: Brandon Reveals His Secret
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: What's in the Locker is Finally Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Tunnel Vision
- Teen Wolf Recap: Beta and Switch
- Bachelorette Finale: Who 'Won'? Who Wept? Who Spilled a Sex Secret?
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- More From TVLine
- 'The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies' Looks Epic In This New Trailer!
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Andi Dorfman Choose Josh or Nick? Plus, Find Out if He Proposed!
- iJustine on the Selfie Making News Around The World
- Michael Douglas Thanks Doctors on World Head and Neck Cancer Day
- Ian Somerhalder Puckers Up for One Lucky Fan
- More From ET