While AOL TV brought to you exclusively last night that 'Community' star Danny Pudi will guest star on an episode of the NBC hit's final season, TVLine is reporting that 'Chuck' is adding a few more famous faces.
David Koechner, also known as 'The Office''s Packer, will guest star as a Buy More manager named Crazy Bob during a company convention that Chuck and Sarah attend. 'The Shield' star Catherine Dent will also hit up the convention as one of Bob's close friends.
'Chuck' returns to NBC Oct. 21 in its new Friday at 8PM ET time slot.
In other TV casting news ...
"When was the last time you got in a fight on this show?" Koechner asked him. "Do you wanna rassle me?"
Since Koechner clearly wasn't going to talk about the movie, Leno agreed and they cleared out the area in front of the desk. Then, Leno immediately went in low and managed to pick up Koechner, carrying him on his back as he threw to commercial and Koechner tapped out.
Last seen during Season 7 being sent down to Florida after alienating the entire 'Office' gang, actor David Koechner is confident his obnoxious, love-to-hate character will rear his head in Scranton once again.
"It's sort of like a bomb that they get to use every once in awhile, it's a grenade they get to throw at the place," Koechner said about his character. "And now he's got vengeance, so that could be fun."
While doing press for 'Final Destination 5,' Koechner dished about his time on 'The Office' and his fond memories of working on 'Saturday Night Live.'
Here's a little round-up of what some of your favorite comedic actors have been up to:
First of all, Bob Odenkirk and a few others have provided their comedy expertise to a new book from McSweeneys titled Comedy by the Numbers. The book breaks comedy down to its bare elements (see pic on the right) so that anyone can become a funny person. Despite the book's obvious tongue-in-cheek approach, I find it somewhat appropriate since I've often considered McSweeneys approach to humor to be a little too cold and clinical sometimes.
Dear David Koechner,
They say the only thing more romantic than love at first sight is love at third or fourth sight -- at least I think they say that, but whatever, it's true. What I'm trying to say, David Koechner, is that I've grown to admire you over the years. It's not a romantic or a sexual love, more like the love a man has for a tall frosty mug of beer, or the tasty flesh of a small calf cooked over the flaming remains of its own mother. It's a manly love I feel for you, D.K.I'll admit I didn't quite understand you at first. When you were on Saturday Night Live I thought you were just another comedian who considered nonsensical ranting and facial contortions a viable substitute for comedy. I was wrong, David Koechner, and I should have realized that by your participation in those "Bill Brasky" sketches, which are among some of my favorite SNL sketches of all time (video clip after the jump).
There is nothing better than television shows featuring truckers and ex-cons. Sometimes they are one in the same. Comedy Central agrees with this statement and this is why they have picked up two new comedies; one with truckers and one with ex-cons.
Halfway Home involves the ex-cons. The show will star Oscar Nunez (The Office) as one of a group of ex-cons who try to make the move from prison life back into society. The show will be executive produced by Nunez and Jay Martel (Strangers With Candy). As with shows like Sons & Daughters and Free Ride, this show will be partially improvised.
Naked Trucker and T-Bones will involve the truckers, who will hopefully not be naked. This six-episode variety series will feature Trucker (Dave Allen, Freaks and Geeks) and his partner T-Bones (Anchorman's David Koechner) at different truck stops around the country. While stopping, they'll partake in some of the fine trucker cuisine and riff on life on the road with those they meet.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- The 100 Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Jaha's Revenge, Lexa's Return & More
- More From TVLine
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire's Kerry Bishé on Donna's Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn't a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Probably Going to Be Pissed Off if There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- More from Vulture
- 'I Am Cait' Gets Emotional and Educational During a Road Trip With Some New Friends
- Cara Delevingne Shows Off Pink Hair at Girlfriend's Concert in Montreal
- Eliza Dushku Got Kicked Out of Hotel Room to Make Way for One Direction
- Jericho the Lion Is Alive Despite Reports
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys a Girls Night Out with Shania Twain: 'Music is Medicine'
- More From ET