[via TV Newser]
What was the top TV story of the year? The choice was obvious to all of us, and probably all of you, too: The election. The 2008 race for the White House was not only historic, it was dramatic and played out more on TV with recognizable star personas than any election in recent memory.
And like a great TV show, it was a season-long run of highs and lows, tension and release, defeat and victory. Along the way, Americans made a choice about who will run the country for the next four years, but they were also entertained by a near constant barrage of media coverage in the form of maximum cable news, thousands of commercials, daily political commentary both serious and comic, a plethora of debates, and -- naturally -- Saturday Night Live's take on it all.
It all started about a year ago in the cold of Iowa and New Hampshire...
Like I said, Brokaw is not in his element with Meet the Press. Fortunately, he's only doing MTP until after the election. I give him credit for stepping in when Russert died unexpectedly and there was a network crisis. However, looking to the future, NBC needs to find the right person to take the big chair. NBC News chief Steve Capus is reportedly thinking about a rotation of hosts, including Chuck Todd (NBC's political director) and David Gregory (host of Road to the White House, MSNBC).
According to CBS's Big Brother web site, Adam is a public relations manager for an unnamed foundation. The 29-year-old is from Cherry Hill, New Jersey, but is now living in Delray Beach, Florida.
We told you about David Shuster being suspended from MSNBC (he returns next week) for saying that it seems like Chelsea Clinton is being "pimped out" because she's making phone calls and appearances on her mother's behalf. Now the network's rivals are saying they're on Shuster's side.
I have to say I agree that Shuster's suspension was silly. The guy apologized (twice, at least, and so did the execs at MSNBC) so it should have stayed at that. Was the remark inappropriate? Probably, but not because it's "offensive." It was inappropriate because it didn't make any sense. Maybe if Chelsea Clinton was still 11 years old there could be a case made that she was being used by a campaign, but she's a grown woman who was just working as any grown woman works in the campaign. Would Shuster have said this about another woman in Hillary's camp? I doubt it. Check out what CNN has to say here, and what Fox News has to say after the jump.
MSNBC correspondent and anchor David Shuster finds himself in not one but two controversies today.
First, while filling in for Tucker Carlson yesterday, Shuster made the comment "Doesn't it seem like Chelsea's sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?" referring to Chelsea Clinton's campaigning for her mother Hillary and making phone calls to superdelegates and The View. Well, Democratic officials (and MSNBC execs) aren't happy with the remark, and have threatened to pull out of the February 26 MSNBC debate. Shuster apologized this morning and also plans to go back on Carlson's show today to apologize again. (Update: Shuster has been suspended for his comment!)
But that's not the only controversy Shuster is in the middle of this week...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- More From BuddyTV
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Cheeky Season 3 Poster Insists Size Does Matter
- Last Man on Earth Season 2 Poster Offers First Glimpse of Phil and Carol's Road Trip to Nowhere
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- More From TVLine
- Photo of Bobbi Kristina Brown's Body Reportedly Sold for Six Figures
- Blake Shelton Keeps Humor Amid Divorce Drama: 'It's Been One of Those Weeks'
- Nearly Naked Rihanna Takes Over Kadooment Day Parade With Best Costume Yet
- Will Smith Shuts Down Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce Rumors: 'I'll Tell You Myself!'
- Reba McEntire Announces Separation From Husband Narvel Blackstock
- More From ET