The third annual New York Television Festival is now taking place in the Big Apple. As we did last year, we will review each of the pilots in competition there. This is the first of those reviews.
Last year I decided not to review any of the pilots from the New York Television Festival, but this year curiosity got the better of me and I said yes.
I decided to review one of the comedy DVDs. More specifically, the one featuring a pilot with puppets. You know what I learned, Mable? I learned that if your plot is lame and contrived, having puppets as half your cast doesn't improve things at all. Let's get into it (you can view the pilots at MSN):
You can catch the premiere of Mr. T's new reality series I Pity the Fool on TV Land October 11 at 10 pm, but Yahoo has the first episode available for viewing right now. In the first episode, "Motivation," Mr. T uses some of his tough, no-nonsense wisdom to get a family-owned car dealership to run like a well-oiled machine. I have to say, I found it rather entertaining. Even after all these years Mr. T's simplistic, tough guy approach and infectious charisma is a blast to watch. Just sit back and let the insanity entertain you. I may be purchasing my first car soon, and I'm pretty sure if Mr. T were selling it to me, I would buy it. And yes, he actually does say "jibba jabba" at one point.
[via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Answers: Secrets of the Strigoi Revealed
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- More From BuddyTV
- 24 Movie Talks Heat Up (Again): Is Jack Finally Headed to the Big Screen?
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- More From TVLine