- This isn't a spoiler, because I honestly know nothing about 'Dear John,' but just based on the trailer, I have a feeling that something bad happens to John-- perhaps it's the fact that it's based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. Is this the next 'The Notebook'? Cinematical has their review here.
- Speaking of lost loves, Cinematical Seven has Romantic Tragedies.
- Eric Dane is in the upcoming film, 'Valentine's Day,' and the character he plays is gay, although you wouldn't know that from the trailer. Cinematical discusses the ugly art of de-gaying films.
- Would you watch a 'Shattered Glass' remake about film critics who plagarize? Here's the pitch.
- American Idol alum, Carrie Underwood is set to star in her first film, 'Soul Surfer,' about female surfer, Bethany Hamilton, who had her arm bitten off by a shark. Underwood plays a church youth group leader.
Producers for HBO's 'Big Love' confirmed to TV Guide that Amanda Seyfried will be departing from the series as it enters the late phases of its upcoming fourth season, which is set to debut Sunday, Jan. 10.
"She's been exploring her movie career for a couple of years now, and we've been giving her a lot of room to do that,"'Big Love' creator Will Scheffer told TV Guide. "I know having a commitment to a show for six months definitely cuts into her ability to pursue that career."
Lloyd died last night after a long illness.
Lloyd had a part in many memorable TV shows over the years, as a writer and/or a producer, including Cheers, Wings, Taxi, Lou Grant, Rhoda, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, Phyllis, The Tony Randall Show, Dear John, The Dick Cavett Show, The Associates, The Best of the West, and many other shows.
Ken Levine has a great tribute to Lloyd on his site, including a discussion of how Lloyd was as a writer. It includes an example of Lloyd's script for the classic Mary Tyler Moore Show episode "Chuckles Bites The Dust."
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Donna King Conkling: She was one of the original members of the King Sisters singing group and one of the stars of the ABC show The King Family in the 60s. She also appeared in several movies, including Meet The People, Cuban Pete, and Sing Your Worries Away. She died in Texas at age 88.
Veteran writer, producer, and director Stan Daniels worked on several shows over the years. He won three Emmy Awards as a writer on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and another three as a creator and producer on Taxi.
Daniels wrote for several other shows as well, including Phyllis (a spinoff of The Mary Tyler Moore Show), The Associates, and The Bill Cosby Show. As a director he worked on many sitcoms, including Dear John, Flying Blind, Best of the West, Almost Perfect, High Society, Sparks, and The Good News. His last credit was as the writer and producer of the 1991 animated TV movie The Kid.
Daniels died of heart failure on April 6 in Los Angeles.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 7.2 and 7.3 Photos: Damon and Bonnie Fight the Heretics
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Week 4 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House Adds Dallas Troublemaker Juan Pablo Di Pace as Kimmy's Ex
- Fox Developing Limited Series About Racially-Charged Police Shooting, Sanaa Lathan Attached to Star
- NCIS Brings Back Scottie Thompson as Tony's Ex, Jeanne Benoit
- Castle Reveal: The Feisty 'New Woman' in Rick's Life Is... Aubrey Plaza?
- Vampire Diaries Season 7 Photos: 'Bamon' Teams Up, Caroline Suffers
- More From TVLine
- Rosie O'Donnell Calls Daughter Chelsea's Interview 'Heartbreaking on Every Level'
- Will Bill Cosby Be Forced to Testify in New Civil Lawsuit?
- Robert Downey Jr. Reveals His 5 Favorite Instagram Accounts -- Including 'Science Bro' Mark Ruffalo!
- Star Sightings October 2015
- Could Nick Gordon Be Facing Criminal Charges in Bobbi Kristina Brown Case?
- More From ET