October 7, 2015
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Can Lady Love Prove She's Pregnant?
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'iZombie' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Major and Blaine Wrestle with the Zombie Cure's Side Effects
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Hannibal Buress's Unaired Pilot for This Absurdly Hilarious, Self-Explanatory Reality-ish Show Called Unemployable
- It's Official: Taylor Swift Unsurprisingly Has the Most Popular Instagram Account
- Paul McCartney Unveiled New Michael Jackson Vocals With This 'Say, Say, Say' Video, Remix
- More from Vulture