March 30, 2015
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: Liar, Liar, House on Fire
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: The Author is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- 5 Insane Moments From 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale
- 'The Walking Dead' Spin-Off Releases First Ominous Teaser
- Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake Adorably Freak Out Together at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Beyonce Reunites With Destiny's Child at Stellar Awards
- 8 Burning Questions We Have after Watching HBO's Scientology Doc, ‘Going Clear'
- More From ET