August 20, 2014
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Jax Gets Out
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 2 Photos: Bring on the Silly String
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 4 Photos: The Calm Before the Crazy Storm
- 'Mistresses' Season 2 Finale Photos: Can Daniel Keep April and Lucy Safe?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle's Derrick Storm Novels Being Developed Into New ABC Series
- The CW's iZombie Recasts Its Mother
- The Middle Braces for Richard Kind as Sue's Orthodontist
- AHS: Freak Show Sets October Premiere — Plus: New Plot Details!
- True Blood Finale Poll: Once and for All, Does Sookie Belong With Bill or Eric?
- More From TVLine