August 1, 2014
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Battle of the Block?
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy's Final Season Poster Teases Grim Future for Jax
- Nashville Season 3 Premiere to Feature Two Live Cast Performances
- Syfy's Z Nation Trailer: First Look at TV's Next Zombie Thriller
- Scoop: CSI: Cyber Adds Peter MacNicol as a Series Regular
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- More From TVLine