April 21, 2014
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- Andi Dorfman Takes a Dig at Juan Pablo in New 'Bachelorette' Poster
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Louis Canning Save Lockhart-Gardner?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Surprising Valentine's Day
- More From BuddyTV
- What to Watch Monday: The Voice Goes Live, Castle's Disco Daze, Archer Finale and More
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- Mad Men Recap: A Thorny Matter Indeed
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- More From TVLine