October 20, 2014
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- More From BuddyTV
- Shia LaBeouf Says Method Acting Got Him Fired from Broadway Play
- Rob Lowe Gets a Sexy Surfing Injury
- Jason Momoa's 'Game of Thrones' Audition Tape Is Intense!
- Derek Hough Shares Memories Of Being Bullied As A Child
- Celebrity Showdown: 'Fury' Star Brad Pitt vs. 'Gone Girl' Star Ben Affleck
- More From ET