April 20, 2015
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Oct 22nd 2009 4:05PM
It's a rare, disturbing sight to watch a television show torn to pieces -- literally.
While on my set visit for Stargate Universe at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, I stayed with the main press tour. It took us from the main stage holding the massive set of the starship Destiny across the expansive lot to a series off small office buildings housing the show's costume shop and editing bays.
The route took us past the sound stage that once housed the production for ABC's Defying Gravity. Of course, the ambitious prime time sci-fi drama was canceled early this fall season. So, the cast and crew were long gone.
The sounds coming out of that distant sound stage were strangely tragic. There was the grinding of band saws, the pounding of sledgehammers and the growling of large cranes -- all working together to tear the show's elaborate sets to pieces.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Pits the Mikaelsons Against One Another
- 'The Voice' Recap: The Top 10 Perform
- More From BuddyTV
- 7 Biggest Surprise Appearances at Coachella: Kanye, Madonna and More!
- Zachary Levi & Missy Peregrym File for Divorce After Less Than 1 Year of Marriage
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 6 Heads to the Beach for Spring Break!
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose's Son Adorably Sings Dad's Hit Songs!
- William Shatner Remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'I Never Had a Friend Like That'
- More From ET