Ah, product placement. It's a subject that's come up before. We have an award for it, and even as far back as those care free days of 2005, Karina was writing about the Screen Actors Guild and Writers Guild Of America protesting it. The telling quote from that piece, "Our writers are being told to perform the function of ad copywriter, but to disguise this as storytelling." And isn't that where most of us have always drawn the line in the sand? The placing of products into sets was kind of an understood cost of doing business, but having the writers change scripts to incorporate them was a whole other ball of (Turtle) wax. Unfortunately, those (Foster Farms) chickens have come home to roost.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 11 Most Gut-Wrenching Cases
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot Scoop: Community's Danny Pudi to Headline NBC Comedy Strange Calls
- Supergirl Scoop: Grey's Anatomy Vet Chyler Leigh Cast as Kara's Sis
- Pilot Scoop: Joan Allen Joins ABC Thriller From Scandal/Grey's Vet
- Revenge Photos: Is a Victoria-David Reunion on the Horizon?
- Pilot News: Phylicia Rashad to Lead CBS' For Justice Drama
- More From TVLine
- Shailene Woodley Poses Topless for 'Glamour UK,' Talks ‘Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- Beyonce Reveals Her Queen B Workout Routine
- This Groom Paused During His Wedding to Say Vows to His Bride's Daughter and It Was Truly Beautiful
- Are Reality Shows Safe For Kids?
- More From ET