Ah, product placement. It's a subject that's come up before. We have an award for it, and even as far back as those care free days of 2005, Karina was writing about the Screen Actors Guild and Writers Guild Of America protesting it. The telling quote from that piece, "Our writers are being told to perform the function of ad copywriter, but to disguise this as storytelling." And isn't that where most of us have always drawn the line in the sand? The placing of products into sets was kind of an understood cost of doing business, but having the writers change scripts to incorporate them was a whole other ball of (Turtle) wax. Unfortunately, those (Foster Farms) chickens have come home to roost.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ben Foster and Robin Wright Call Off Their Engagement Again
- 7 Reasons David and Harper Beckham Make the Cutest Daddy-Daughter Duo Ever
- Calista Flockhart Is Back on TV -- Plus, 6 Other Fall Stars to Get Excited About!
- The Duggar Family Goes Radio Silent After Josh's Latest Scandal
- EXCLUSIVE: Amber Rose Sets the Record Straight on Partying With Kardashians, Her Reality Show and Wiz Khalifa's Arrest
- More From ET