Over at TV Guide, William Keck is trying to find out who else might be popping in on the sitcom. Last week, he talked to Eric Stonestreet about who should play his character's mother next season (his choice is Delta Burke from 'Designing Women'). This week, he asked Sofia Vergara who should play her character's mom, and she chose legendary Italian actress Sophia Loren.
(S03E13) Shirley Schmidt: This is getting ugly.
Denny Crane: Denny Crane ugly.
The whole Denise-Brad-Jeffrey sex plot has got to go! At first I thought it was kind of amusing. But, after three weeks of it the whole storyline has reached the tiring stage, especially if you saw the scenes from next week's show. It's like watching an episode of The O.C., except with much older people. Frankly, I really don't care who Denise is sleeping with. Hell, she could be sleeping with Paul for all that matters (that would make a much better story). It's time to get past it and have these three focus on the Legal portion of Boston Legal.
Now, with that out of the way, let's press on with this week's fairly Alan Shore-free episode.
When the networks all get together at their secret meeting. . . you know, the one where they laugh about how none of the mysteries will be solved on Lost and where they try to figure out how many more shows they can stuff into Thursday nights to cause our DVRs to have a meltdown . . . they need to adopt a new amendment into their secret constitution. An amendment that will be as important as the one that decrees that Cop Rock will never be duplicated, and the one that commands CBS to continually green light shows by Joe Pantoliano and then cancel them or keep them off the air entirely.
I'm talking about the amendment that prevents the networks from making live-action remakes of classic animated programs ever again. Especially if it is a remake of an animated holiday classic that millions of viewers still remember fondly. Because, no matter how hard they try to stay truthful to the original, they always manage to screw it up. Particularly when they decide to update the live-action remake of the animated holiday classic to reflect modern fads and values. When they try that disaster looms.
At a recent Designing Women cast reunion at the Museum of Television and Radio, show creator Linda Bloodworth-Thomason revealed that she had secured backing for a Broadway production of the show that would pick up with the gals today - still working at the design firm and still cracking wise on what's wrong with the world today.
(S03E07) You're not getting in this dress. -- Alan Shore, dressed like one of the Lennon sisters, to Denny Crane, also dressed like a Lennon sister. Don't ask.
After last week's intense, and somewhat oogy, episode of Boston Legal, we get a palette cleanser of sorts this week as some storylines are closed and others are opened. It was also an extremely subdued episode. Even bombastic characters like Alan Shore and Denny Crane were unusually quiet this time around. It was so calm that I almost fell asleep halfway through the episode. Oh, that wasn't because the show was boring. It was more a result of traipsing out with the kiddies for a marathon trick-or-treating session.
Let's move along now, shall we?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland': 22 Exciting and Shocking Moments from 'Home'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'As Sewn on TV'
- TV's Top 14 Tear-Jerking Moments of 2013
- 'Scandal' Mid-Season Finale: 20 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'A Door Marked Exit'
- 'Almost Human' Season 1 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- The best TV of 2013, probably? Top 10 shows I didn't really watch this year
- 'Blue Bloods' Len Cariou dinner scene trick: 'If you're really clever, you don't have to eat at all'
- 'Psych: The Musical' first look video: 'Jamaican Inspector' Psych-out with Gus
- TV ratings: 'Scandal' rises with fall finale and 'Big Bang Theory' tops Thursday
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 trailer: Frank Underwood is 'climbing to the top of the food chain'
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: The Crazy Ones Lands Cheryl Hines
- TVLine Items: Portia de Rossi Saves the World, SNL to Add Black Female Cast Member and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: A Fired-Up Cara Kicks Butt and Takes Names
- How Should SOA Kill Off Gemma? Scandal Prez on Grey's? Ichabod's Son Lives? And More Qs!
- Revenge Fall Finale Poll: Who Shoots Emily?
- More From TVLine