In Hough's photo-spread, he's hanging shirtless from a steel beam with his pants looking like they're about to fall off. Kelly shook the magazine and did her best Regis impression, yelling, "C'mon! Everything is defying gravity, darn it!"
O'Connell will appear this Friday, Nov. 25. Guests include Jane Lynch and Nathan Fillion. O'Connell has guest hosted with Ripa in the past.
Hough, who lost 'Dancing With the Stars' to Karina Smirnoff and J.R. Martinez, will serve as co-host on Mon., Dec. 5. He'll interview Paula Dee, Elizabeth Olsen and Jeffrey Donovan with Ripa. Hill will guest co-host on Tues., Dec. 6 and interview Sarah Jessica Parker, Emily VanCamp and Richard Blais. This is the first time Hough and Hill will serve as guest co-hosts.
Everyone else, read on ... It was all smiles backstage last night as the three finalists and their pro dance partners walked the post-show press line. We've all heard the stories of award-winners keeping their trophies in the bathroom or in a dark cupboard, but where does the new 'DWTS' champ plan to keep his/her coveted Mirror Ball trophy?
"Right now I'm going to put mine in bed. I'm going to tuck it in, and it's going to roll around with me. And then after that, once we've kind of grown apart, I'm going to glue it to the hood of my car and drive around ... and honk my horn and it will be my own parade."
Speaking to reporters on the post-show press line last night Rob and Cheryl were elated with their performance, with Rob telling E! Online that their success is due to his increased confidence. "I gained confidence as the weeks went on and took it a little more seriously. I still have fun with it," he said, but "something clicked and I really want that trophy. I really realized it's possible."
Ricki Lake and Derek Hough joked that they've already bought their own Mirror Ball trophy just in case they lose out tonight. "There's a store down the street that makes mirror ball trophies for fifteen bucks," he laughed, "so I've already got that made just in case."
You might be surprised to know, then, that he's not especially worried about extending his perfect record. "Previous seasons, I've definitely felt the pressure to win, like it was mine to lose and, luckily, I won, but this season I don't feel that sort of pressure," Hough tells AOL TV. "I really like everyone that's in the final, and I think whoever wins totally deserves it."
With the grand finale of Season 13 looming (Mon., Nov. 21 at 8PM ET), AOL TV caught up with Hough to talk about his freestyle finale plans, the possibility of new judges and his laid-back new attitude -- one that apparently doesn't prevent him from throwing a few friendly jabs at fellow pro Karina Smirnoff.
Each week the dancers go backstage and chat to reporters on the post-show press line, but last night one couple was conspicuously absent. According to E! Online, one half of the eliminated couple "was so upset about [their] elimination from the competition that she was unable to hold it together for interviews."
!!SPOILER ALERT!! If you don't know want to know who was eliminated last night, you might want to stop reading right about now.
On last night's live results show Hough blew the crowd away when he took to the floor with his sister Julianne for a jive. Now it appears that Derek did it all with a dislocated shoulder. Ouch!
According to 'The Hollywood Reporter,' Derek dislocated his shoulder in rehearsals yesterday, but after seeing the doctor he decided to dance through the pain and perform as planned.
Cher looked like a proud mama watching her son dance to the theme from 'Rocky.' it was Chaz's best performance ... EVER (but I'm not changing my mind about this). It even brought Carrie Ann -- and Cher! -- to tears. However, did the crowd really give Cher a standing ovation when Chaz mentioned her? Chaz, you may have had your best dance of the competition, but you still got served by your mother. Granted, your mother is Cher.
Speaking of Cher, one of my favorite parts of the night was watching Cher's reactions to the judges critiquing Chaz. She was cheering, clapping, jumping and even praying -- yes, praying. It was pretty adorable.
The scores ranged from 14 for pro basketball player Ron Artest (a.k.a. Metta World Peace) to 22 each for singer Chynna Phillips and 'All My Children' actor J.R. Martinez.
Since Artest's pro partner, Peta Murgatroyd, is also new to the show it's not like she's bringing in a lot of votes. Still, pro athletes have always done well on 'DWTS.'
How did the stars and pro dancers think they did? AOL TV was on the post-show press line to get reactions.
New photos posted on the show's Facebook page give a sneak peek of just how seriously his fellow contestants are taking the challenge of competing on the ABC show.
The current bookies' favorite to win, actress and model Elisabetta Canalis Tweeted over the holiday weekend that "they r killin'me with rehearsals every day," but she and her partner Val Chmerkovskiy -- Maks' little brother (and doppelgänger) -- look fit and relaxed as they go through their moves.
Meanhwile, three other couples have got their game faces on as they as they learn the moves for their new dance routines.
The pro dancer took this year's spring session off to explore acting and shoot an indie film, but the 26-year-old told People magazine of the upcoming fall season, "I will be back!"
Hough won the mirrorball trophy two seasons in a row before taking season 12 off to shoot the dance movie 'Cobu 3D,' for which he gained 10 pounds of muscle. The dancer-turned-actor said in January, "I'm just taking a little break and taking this chance to grow and expand a little bit as an artist."
As for his perspective after his hiatus, he said, "It was good for me to take a season off and see what he audience sees. It gave me a new boost and inspiration to want to do some great things."
"I love it! I'd be paying money to see you in spandex," Kelly Ripa said.
"Would I have to wear spandex?" Philbin asked nervously.
Derek Hough took the season off from 'DWTS' to film a movie, so it's a special treat for his fans to get to see him dancing on Monday night right now.
After pretending to be worse than he is on the dance floor to make Mia feel better about her own lack of abilities, she started getting cocky. Finally, after she insulted him one too many times, Casey had enough and turned to Hough.
The professional dancer told PEOPLE he won't be competing in season 12 of ABC's hit dance competition. Instead of
"I'm taking season 12 off," the three-time 'DWTS' champ said. "I will be making it back to 'Dancing With the Stars' in the fall. I'm just taking a little break and taking this chance to grow and expand a little bit as an artist."
"She created her own character, and we ran into her, and I said 'Really?' and she said 'Yes!' so we're going to do that," Murphy told E! Online. "We love her."
Executive producer Brad Falchuck added, "[With] someone like her, it's sort of hard to say no!"
In other casting news ...
• Lily's sister will still drop by 'Gossip Girl,' but she'll be played by a different actress. Illeana Douglas, who had previously been cast in the part, had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. The character is in the midst of being recast. [TVLine]
• 'The Talk' has been on the air for less than five months, but it's already losing a cast member. Marissa Jaret Winokur announced she was leaving the CBS daytime show to work on her own projects, including developing a cable show and launching a clothing line. [People]
• The main character on NBC's 'The Chase' is getting a father. He'll be played by William Frost, who also played the ill-fated father of a lead on CBS's 'Hawaii Five-0' earlier this season. [TV Guide]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'Nashville' Preview: 5 Compelling Reasons to Watch the Season 2 Midseason Finale
- [Video] 'Almost Human' Sneak Peek: Kennex Finds Out What's Down There
- [Video] 'Sleepy Hollow' Sneak Peek: Ichabod Takes Extreme Measures for the Truth About His Son
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Not So Fast Pass Rankings: How the Mighty Have Fallen
- More From BuddyTV
- TV ratings: 'Amazing Race' finale down, 'Family Guy' up Sunday
- Will 'Psych: The Musical' join 'Buffy,''Scrubs' as the top musical episodes of TV?
- 'American Idol' judges to perform together? 'I'm game for anything,' says Harry Connick Jr.
- 'Survivor's' Caleb Bankston: Colton and I are getting married next October
- 'Six by Sondheim': Darren Criss, America Ferrera give fresh voice to Stephen Sondheim classics
- More From Zap2it
- Spoiler Alert!: Once Casting Quarrel, Scandal Bait and Switch, Bold Community, Castle Predictions
- Ratings: Amazing Race Hits Finale Low, Once and Three Fox 'Toons Rise, Betrayal Returns Down
- USA Network Moves Suits Back to Thursday, Sets Premiere Date for Psych Season 8
- What to Watch Monday: The Sing-Off Returns, Sleepy Fall Finale, Christmas Light Fight and More
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- More From TVLine