|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
I'm excited this show is back for a third season. I loved Vern Yip's designs when he was on Trading Spaces. He always did affordable, modern, and clean-looking updates to the participants' homes. Plus this show isn't as flashy as Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. And there's no Ty Pennington screaming at you.
The new season starts tonight at 9 p.m. ET on HGTV. Will you be tuning in?
So what's the problem?
The detail Garson Yu, who designed the Housewives sequence, goes into about how he created the mini-movie for the opening makes for an interesting read. It is filled with desperate women through the centruies, makes for an interesting read. He took inspiration from Terry Gilliam's animation from Monty Python's Flying Circus, among other influences, and wanted to tell a story about these desperate women. The results, as millions of you see every week, are in the video after the jump.
By the way, I had no idea Season Two's Santino Rice was the one who encouraged Sebelia to audition for the program, let alone the fact that the two are buddies. I guess that's where Sebelia learned that the "cocky bastard" act would pay off.
Project Runway's Jay McCarroll on Tim Gunn
Tim Gunn steals Bravo job from five queer guys
Kelly is also turned on by "fabulous, intense minds, honesty, huge smiles and a man with a colossal heart." Her turn-offs include "bad design," but we already knew that. Kelly, I think it's time to pull some strings. I see a Top Design "redesign Hef's grotto" challenge in the works. With the way this clunker of a show is going, It couldn't hurt.
NOTE: Be forewarned. Neither the link to Fleshbot nor Playboy are work-friendly... unless, of course, you work at Fleshbot or Playboy.
The conceit of the episode is that Christina only has a few hours to create a dress for a prominent celebrity, but a blizzard prevents her from the leaving the office for fabric. Fortunately, she's a crafty lady and, like Scarlett O'Hara, Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews before her, uses whatever is available to whip up a celeb-worthy creation.
WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD
Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, the once hugely popular makeover show on Bravo, has been canceled by the network. The series will have one last season coming up (titled Queer Eye: The Final Season). Design guru Thom Felicia gets his own show on the Style Network later this year.
This isn't a big surprise. Not only had ratings been dropping the last couple of years but the "buzz" that this show once had vanished completely. Personally, I got sick of all the "theme" blocks of episodes they did, like when the went to other areas of the country or did weddings. Nothing bores me more than planning a wedding, which I'm sure will thrill my fiancee in the future.
The designers met with a very orange Nina Garcia at ELLE to talk about their final challenge. She introduced them to ELLE's feature "First Look" and instructed the final four to create an outfit to convey their point of view as designers. They were also told to choose three words to describe and accompany their imaginary collections. Later, there was a not-so-surprising "twist" when Tim told the designers that the winning outfit would be featured in "First Look". O RLY? The designers were given a shortened deadline (six hours short!) and the task of photographing their models to go with their three words. Goodness.
I take that back. Please, please, please, for the love of everything that is good and holy, do not bring Wendy Pepper back.
Right now, StyleDash has some juicy stories about Kate Moss, Heidi Klum, and the answer to the question, "What is size 0X?" All this and the ten best bras ever. When you're done here, head on over to say hello, make some new friends, and see what you can do to spruce yourself up a bit.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- Grey's Anatomy Video: Shonda Rhimes Reflects on Show's No. 1 Love Story
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- Exclusive Duggar Clip: Jill & Derek Visit Cancer-Stricken Mom on '19 Kids'
- Supermodels Unite! Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss Team Up for Burberry
- More From ET