Here's tonight's TV lineup (all times are Eastern). All shows mentioned are new, except where otherwise noted.
8:00 to 9:00
- CBS: 'The New Adventures of Old Christine' and 'Accidentally on Purpose'
- The CW: 'America's Next Top Model'
- FOX: 'Human Target'
- NBC: The recently renewed 'Minute to Win It'
- Cartoon Network: 'Dude, What Would Happen?'
- CBS: 'Criminal Minds'
- The CW: 'Fly Girls' and 'High Society'
- FOX: Another 'American Idol' results show
- BBC America: season premieres of 'Peep Show' and 'That Mitchell and Webb Look'
- Discovery: 'Mythbusters'
- Fine Living Network (FLN): 'Whatever, Martha!'
- SyFy: 'Ghost Hunters'
- ABC: 'Ugly Betty' (yes, it's still on!)
- CBS: 'CSI:NY'
- NBC: 'Law & Order: SVU'
- A&E: 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' and 'Billy the Exterminator'
- Bravo: 'Shear Genius' and 'Top Chef Masters'
- Comedy Central: 'South Park' and 'Ugly Americans'
- Food Network: 'Diner: Impossible'
- SyFy: 'Destination Truth'
- USA: More witness relocation hilarity on 'In Plain Sight'
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
Tentatively titled "Air," the premiere will follow a research team that gets cut off from Earth after boarding an Ancient ship with failing life support and a steampunk Stargate. The premiere will feature appearances by franchise vets Richard Dean Anderson and Michal Shanks and will, of course, introduce us to the new crew, including Robert Carlyle, David Blue and Lou Diamond Phillips. (Does anyone else out there have the feeling that LDP is gonna bite it, Robert Patrick style, in the premiere?)
Syfy also announced fall premiere dates for returning shows, including Sanctuary and Destination Truth. Check out the schedule:
Sci Fi has some good news for us fans of Ghost Hunters, giving the show another 13 episodes for this season. They've also decided to give Destination Truth another seven episodes.
GH has gotten a lot better these past couple of seasons (it's currently in its fourth season), getting rid of all of the hokey drama that I'm near certain drove lead hunter Jason Hawes crazy. Viewers didn't want to see that crap; we wanted more of the supernatural and the science. These guys film in my neck of the woods of New England all the time, and I'm dying to get to ride along some day to report back on what it's like. Some day ...
As I've learned from the comments on this blog and elsewhere, fans of the Sci-Fi Channel's Eureka are incredibly devoted and loyal. So this good news is for them.
The cable network has given the thumbs up for a third season of the sci-fi comedy, according to a press release that came into TVS HQ. They've ordered 13 more episodes of the show. The third season will start filming in Vancover in early 2008 and will debut next summer.
Via the Futon Critic, here's what's on tap on the Sci Fi Channel:
First of all, here's what's returning:
Eureka comes back for a second season July 10 (as mentioned before). I only caught a couple episodes of the first season, but I liked what I saw. If you tend to avoid Sci Fi because you think it's all deep, dark and profound stuff like Battlestar Galactica, you should give Eureka a try. It's quirky and fun without being trite.
Other shows in development for Sci-Fi after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET