August 3, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 30th 2010 11:05AM
After bringing us the quirky death dramedy 'Dead Like Me,' and just before the resurrection dramedy 'Pushing Daisies,' Bryan Fuller co-created, along with Todd Holland ('Sons of Tucson'), another odd little show for FOX. 'Wonderfalls' premiered in March 2004; the tale of a young woman instructed by animal-shaped figurines to help people in need.
Much like his other shows, the whole atmosphere and presentation of 'Wonderfalls' was tailored to create a magical world just outside our own. Gritty realism certainly wasn't the goal.
Unfortunately, a serious lack of network patience led to 'Wonderfalls' getting canceled after airing only four critically acclaimed episodes out of thirteen produced. But those four hours left an indelible mark on the loyal viewers who did find it, and the series message of hope resonates as powerfully today as it did then.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki and Meghan Butt Heads About Maternal Love
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Hurricane Clare Gains Strength and the First Elimination
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 16 Dance and Two Go Home
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- More From BuddyTV
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: (G)Hosts With the Most
- Significant Mother: Did the New Cougar Comedy Leave You Hot or Bothered?
- Supergirl: Jenna Dewan-Tatum to Recur as Lucy Lane, Jimmy Olsen's Ex
- Game of Thrones: Bran's Mystical Guide Recast With Max von Sydow
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Cheeky Season 3 Poster Insists Size Does Matter
- More From TVLine
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Is Making Her Superhero Debut!
- 11 Times Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Got Real About Their Marriage and Kids
- Virgin 'Bachelor' Star Says She Wants to Have Sex on 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Kate Mara on Lack of Female Superheroes: 'Hopefully That'll Change'
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- More From ET