March 8, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Blair Underwood is caught between the love of two very different women
- Watch '24: Live Another Day' new promo: There's no going home for Jack Bauer
- Hallmark Channel's 'A Ring By Spring': Watch a promo for Rachel Boston's sweet rom-com
- Robert Buckley lands lead role in Rob Thomas''iZombie'; 'Orphan Black' streaming Season 1 on Amazon Prime
- 'Supernatural' spinoff changes title to 'Supernatural: Bloodlines,' casts Melissa Roxburgh as final series regular
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- More From TVLine