April 18, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Highlights: Break-ups, Breakdowns and Breakthroughs
- More From BuddyTV
- Devious Maids EP Previews Marisol's 'Dark' New Life and More Season 2 Scoop
- Nashville to Host First Lady Michelle Obama
- Lara Spencer Promoted to GMA Co-Anchor
- SNL to Celebrate 40th Anniversary With 3-Hour Live Special in 2015
- Exclusive Degrassi Sneak Peek: Zig and Miles Come to Blows in the Midseason Finale
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- How Celeb Seafood Hangouts Reel in the Best Catch
- 'SNL' Star Beck Bennett Dishes Out Tough Love In 'Intramural'
- Angelina Transforms Herself Into 'Maleficent'
- Valerie Harper Sets the Record Straight on False Cancer Report
- More From ET