August 2, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Recap: Stop Dragon Her Heart Around
- Downton Abbey Boss, Cast on Movie Hopes, Unexpected Season 6 Renewal
- Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2
- Game of Thrones Casts Ian McShane in Season 6 Mystery Role
- PBS Announces Premiere Date for Downton Abbey's Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Prince William & Queen Elizabeth Look Regal in Newly Released Portraits
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Scores Highest Opening Numbers in Franchise History
- Dave Grohl Responds After 1,000 Musicians Play Foo Fighters Song in Unison, Plus 5 More Reasons Why He's Awesome
- Valerie Harper Replaced in 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' Following Hospital Stay
- Channing Tatum Closes Deal to Star in 'Gambit' Despite Rumors
- More From ET