January 24, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Quotes: Sue's Funniest Lines from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 1'
- The 11 Best Mashups from 'Glee'
- 'Glee' Recap: A Most Inconvenient Invitational
- Felicia Day's 8 Best Roles on TV and the Internet
- [Video] 'American Idol' One Singer to Watch: Erica Washington Impresses with Beyonce's 'Halo'
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- Ratings: Constantine and Dixie Tick Up, Glee Flat, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Night
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Flash, Togetherness and More
- Pilot News: NBC Orders Greg Berlanti Mystery, Angel Drama, Hospital Soap
- Glee Recap: Kissing Cousins
- More From TVLine
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- Patriots Coach Makes 'My Cousin Vinny' Reference at Deflategate Press Conference
- More From ET