September 17, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Red Band Society Premiere Recap: Are These Kids All Right?
- Big Brother Recap: Four the Win
- Idol Judges on Season 14: J.Lo Wants Less Cruelty, Adam Lambert Seeks Artistry, Harry Flinches at 'Geek' Label
- Pilot Scoop: Zach Gilford to Crush on Jennifer Carpenter in USA's Stanistan
- TVLine Items: Gloria Steinem Meets Good Wife, AHS Adds Chloe King & More
- More From TVLine
- Adam Lambert Talks J.Lo Love and Guest Judging on 'Idol'
- Revealing Details from the 'Dating Naked' 'Commitment Ceremony'
- Talk Show Confessions: Why Are TV's Top Hosts Getting So Honest?
- Here's the 'Breaking Bad' Reference You Definitely Missed in 'Godzilla'
- Trust Us, You Need to Watch This Cheesecake Factory Parody of Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy'
- More From ET