October 31, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- More From BuddyTV
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- More From TVLine
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- Paternity Test Confirms Beyonce Has a Secret 4-Year-Old Sister
- EXCLUSIVE! How 'Big Bang Theory' Surprised Fans With Billy Bob Thornton's Guest Spot!
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- More From ET