It's a devastating tragedy when a chicken finger shortage grips Greendale Community College, but Jeff and Troy are on the job, which causes Britta to think about the causes she currently supports.
But, wait! If you just can't bear the thought of waiting until tonight to get your 'Community' fix, a couple of webisodes are currently online that are pretty freakin' funny.
If there is one thing I learned during the Comedy Central TV Funhouse panel on Thursday night, it's this: they are not good with computers. For most of the evening panelist Robert Smigel and moderator Bob Odenkirk spent their time fiddling around with the Mac laptop provided to them so they could show clips from the TV Funhouse DVD that was released on Tuesday. After they got that squared away they spent several more minutes setting up an iChat so Funhouse host Doug Dale could join in the conversation. They even needed to ask a member of the audience for their Mac Powerbook in order to set the session up. Obviously, you don't want these guys on your technical support team.
Despite the technical difficulties, the TV Funhouse panel was the highlight of my Thursday at Comic-Con.
A simple search on this site for the words "moral" and "orel" should provide you with all you need to know about my feelings for this Adult Swim series, but in a nutshell: I've been a fan since the first Christmas episode aired back in December of 2005.
As it turns out, "The Best Christmas Ever" was actually supposed to be the last episode of the first season, something that is discussed at length on the audio commentaries of this DVD set, which hits stores on April 24. Going back and watching the shows in order (the set contains all of season one and the first five episodes of season two), it's easier to see how the writing and animation improved as the creators became more and more comfortable with the town of Moralton and its citizens. The first ten episodes follow the same basic template of Orel trying to do good but ultimately having his intentions backfire, resulting in such chaos as attacks by Christian zombies who pray before they devour people, and a rash of pregnancies across town caused by Orel injecting his sperm into women while they sleep using a pastry bag.
In case you didn't read my interview with Dino Stamatopoulos, you may be interested to know that he hepped me to some interesting news about Robot Chicken. Here's what Stamatopoulos, whose show, Moral Orel, shares a production facility with Robot Chicken, had to say:
"We're actually gonna shut down on Friday because Robot Chicken has a special they're doing. I don't know if I'm supposed to say, but I don't give a shit, I'll tell you anyway. LucasFilm saw some of their Star Wars parodies and now they're financing a whole half-hour special that's gonna be played for one of the network's halftime shows for Super Bowl Sunday. So they're building all these Star Wars sets around here. The nerds are creaming in their pants."
So there you go, Robot Chicken fans, a full half-hour of Star Wars-inspired Robot Chicken goodness. This was the first I had heard of such a thing, and I'll let y'all know when I find out more information.
(Left to right: Scott Adsit, Jay Johnston and Dino Stamatopoulos)
Dino Stamatopoulos has written for some of the funniest cult comedy series in the last ten years, including Mr. Show, TV Funhouse, Tom Goes to the Mayor, and most recently Moral Orel, an oft-misunderstood stop-animated cartoon created by Stamatopoulos himself. He's also written for other series, including Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and Mad TV.
With the new second season of Moral Orel starting November 12, Stamatopoulos and I spoke on the phone about what fans could expect in the new season, and about TV comedy in general.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 11?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 3?
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.23 Photos: The Team Closes in on the Terrorist Group Recruiting Children
- 'Dance Moms' Finale Recap: Does the ALDC Win Their Last Hometown Competition?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: The Inhuman War Begins
- More From BuddyTV
- Originals Finale Sneak Peek: Davina Prepares the Spell to Resurrect Kol
- Disney Channel's Teen Beach 2, Time- Travel Sitcom Get Premiere Dates
- Revenge Series Finale Video: Amanda Guns Down Victoria in Final Face-Off
- Nashville's Charles Esten on the Line in Deacon's Cancer Arc That Nearly Did Him in (Hint: Rayna Said It)
- Arrow: 10 Things You Must Know About Tonight's Wedded Nightmare
- More From TVLine
- 'Arrow': 11 Things You Need to Know Before Season 3 Is Over!
- Super-Fit Model, Sarah Stage, Shows Off Her Bikini Bod Just 3 Weeks After Giving Birth
- Gwyneth Paltrow Skips Met Gala to Hang with Daughter -- See the Pic
- EXCLUSIVE: Raven-Symone Talks 'Black-Ish' Coming Out, 'Empire' Season 2 & More!
- Taylor Swift Deems Vance Joy's Cover of 'I Know Places' Her Favorite
- More From ET