The Emmy-award winning Nick News will take a look at the good and bad sides of public discourse with a special airing November 5 at 8:30 pm on Nickelodeon titled Nick News with Linda Ellerbee: Cheap Shots and Low Blows: How Debate Turns To Hate. The special, which will also feature Chris Matthews, Al Franken and Ann Coulter will include children from around the country talking about what they feel is appropriate in public debate and what isn't, what's fair game in political debates and what is nothing more than a personal attack. While grown ups can easily sift through a lot of the nonsense that makes up public debate, we tend to forget the effect it can have on children without some kind of frame of reference. Given the extremes of Franken and Coulter alone, this could be an interesting special.
In the past the kid-centric news program has covered issues such as intelligent design, Hurricane Katrina, and health issues.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ranking the Best and Worst of ABC's TGIF Lineup
- From Page to Screen: 15 TV Shows Based on Literature
- 20 Streaming TV Show Replacements for Surviving Summer Hiatus
- 'RHOC' Star Tamra Barney Next in Line for Wedding Spin-Off
- 'Does Someone Have to Go?' Review: 'The Office' Meets 'Survivor'
- More From BuddyTV
- FX sets launch date for new thriller 'The Bridge'
- 'Rookie Blue' Season 4: Gregory Smith and Missy Peregrym return for another summer on the beat
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 11 - 'Family Ties
- 'The Originals' star Phoebe Tonkin: 'I'm team Klaroline!'
- Your 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Pretty Little Liars' fan fiction can make you money: Amazon introduces Kindle Worlds
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Body of Proof Series Finale Video: Megan Gets to the Bottom of Her Daddy Issues (With a Little Help From a Veronica Mars Grad)!
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Castle, Psych, NCIS: LA, Covert Affairs, Suits, Beast and More!
- TVLine Items: Intervention Cancelled, Idol Alum Gets Campy, FX Sets Date for Bridge and More!
- Fox Reality Chief Previews Does Someone Have to Go?: 'It's Relatable, Emotional, Voyeuristic'
- Finale Ratings: The Middle Holds Steady, Modern Family, SVU and Criminal Minds Down Vs. 2012
- More From TVLine