The Emmy-award winning Nick News will take a look at the good and bad sides of public discourse with a special airing November 5 at 8:30 pm on Nickelodeon titled Nick News with Linda Ellerbee: Cheap Shots and Low Blows: How Debate Turns To Hate. The special, which will also feature Chris Matthews, Al Franken and Ann Coulter will include children from around the country talking about what they feel is appropriate in public debate and what isn't, what's fair game in political debates and what is nothing more than a personal attack. While grown ups can easily sift through a lot of the nonsense that makes up public debate, we tend to forget the effect it can have on children without some kind of frame of reference. Given the extremes of Franken and Coulter alone, this could be an interesting special.
In the past the kid-centric news program has covered issues such as intelligent design, Hurricane Katrina, and health issues.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs Alumna in Enigmatic Role
- Shadowhunters Adds Being Human's Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather
- Outlander Stars, EP Talk Finale's Tough, 'Tricky' Jamie-Randall Scenes
- More From TVLine
- 'Bachelor' Host Chris Harrison Reacts to Chris & Whitney's Split: It's 'Sad'
- Emilia Clarke Says She Passed on 'Fifty Shades' Because of the 'Huge Amount of Nudity'
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol': 'Worst Experience of My Life'
- Chris Brown Opens Up About Past Bad Behavior: I 'Hated' the Person I Saw in the Mirror
- Rashida Jones' New Doc Investigates How Porn Companies Are Luring Teenage Girls
- More From ET