The Emmy-award winning Nick News will take a look at the good and bad sides of public discourse with a special airing November 5 at 8:30 pm on Nickelodeon titled Nick News with Linda Ellerbee: Cheap Shots and Low Blows: How Debate Turns To Hate. The special, which will also feature Chris Matthews, Al Franken and Ann Coulter will include children from around the country talking about what they feel is appropriate in public debate and what isn't, what's fair game in political debates and what is nothing more than a personal attack. While grown ups can easily sift through a lot of the nonsense that makes up public debate, we tend to forget the effect it can have on children without some kind of frame of reference. Given the extremes of Franken and Coulter alone, this could be an interesting special.
In the past the kid-centric news program has covered issues such as intelligent design, Hurricane Katrina, and health issues.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Spoilers: Who Are the Teams for Halloween Night?
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot News: Fox Revives Frankenstein
- Port Charles' Marie Wilson Joins Days as a Woman From [Spoiler]'s Past
- Grimm's David Giuntoli on Whether a Normal Nick Can Leave the Fractured Fairy Tales Behind
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- More From TVLine