The Emmy-award winning Nick News will take a look at the good and bad sides of public discourse with a special airing November 5 at 8:30 pm on Nickelodeon titled Nick News with Linda Ellerbee: Cheap Shots and Low Blows: How Debate Turns To Hate. The special, which will also feature Chris Matthews, Al Franken and Ann Coulter will include children from around the country talking about what they feel is appropriate in public debate and what isn't, what's fair game in political debates and what is nothing more than a personal attack. While grown ups can easily sift through a lot of the nonsense that makes up public debate, we tend to forget the effect it can have on children without some kind of frame of reference. Given the extremes of Franken and Coulter alone, this could be an interesting special.
In the past the kid-centric news program has covered issues such as intelligent design, Hurricane Katrina, and health issues.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast
- FLASHBACK: ‘Tommy Boy' Turns 20! Behind the Scenes With Chris Farley and David Spade
- Zayn Malik's First Solo Song Is Out (and Some One Direction Fans Aren't Happy)
- Helen Mirren Wants to Join 'Fast & Furious' Franchise: 'Vin, Get Your Act Together!'
- FLASHBACK: 22-Year-Old Celine Dion Admires Madonna, Mariah and Whitney
- More From ET