So I watched a repeat of the first episode of ABC's new game show Wipeout, and I'm not sure what to think of it. Like most American males, I like seeing people* fall from high, wet places and get punched in the face, but I'm not sure how many weeks I can watch the thing. I'm also not happy with the plugged-in comments from the hosts (John Henson and John Anderson) we have to listen to. For every really funny comment there are seven that make you groan. And I wonder if the show will just grow tired after a few weeks.
But there's no denying that there are some wild stunts here. Everytime someone goes sailing off that ramp in the dark or bounces on those giant balls and their body jackknifes and hits the water I'm thinking, these people could easily break their necks. Sure, Survivor has crazy challengs and Fear Factor had nutty stunts, but this stuff seems especially dangerous. And that's why ABC has them sign a 50 page release.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100': The Ups and Downs of Finn's Journey
- The 15 Funniest Episodes of 'Supernatural,' Part 2
- Top 10 Moments from 'Survivor: San Juan Del Sur'
- [Video] 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Date Set: The Clones Go to 'War' in April
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Pepper Finds a New Home
- More From BuddyTV
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- American Horror Story Sneak Peek: Watch Neil Patrick Harris' Bloody Debut
- New Girl Casts Nasim Pedrad as Winston's Training Officer
- Once Upon a Time Scoop: Eion Bailey to Return as 'Pinocchio' in Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Party-Perfect Holiday Style
- Robin Williams' Son, Zak, on Father's Death: 'I Miss Him All the Time'
- 'White Collar': Tiffani Thiessen Says Fans Will Be 'Happy and Pleased' With Series Finale
- Alfonso Ribeiro Talks Life After 'DWTS': Tour, Cooking & More
- Kris and Bruce Jenner's Divorce Is Finalized
- More From ET