So I watched a repeat of the first episode of ABC's new game show Wipeout, and I'm not sure what to think of it. Like most American males, I like seeing people* fall from high, wet places and get punched in the face, but I'm not sure how many weeks I can watch the thing. I'm also not happy with the plugged-in comments from the hosts (John Henson and John Anderson) we have to listen to. For every really funny comment there are seven that make you groan. And I wonder if the show will just grow tired after a few weeks.
But there's no denying that there are some wild stunts here. Everytime someone goes sailing off that ramp in the dark or bounces on those giant balls and their body jackknifes and hits the water I'm thinking, these people could easily break their necks. Sure, Survivor has crazy challengs and Fear Factor had nutty stunts, but this stuff seems especially dangerous. And that's why ABC has them sign a 50 page release.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Forever' Review: A Familiar Premise That Just Won't Die
- 'Scorpion' Review: An Average Drama with a Only Few Exciting Moments
- 'Gotham' Review: An Extremely Promising Fresh Take on The Dark Knight
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Nikki Ferrell Quits Twitter After 'Couples Therapy,' Andi Dorfman Denies Break Up Rumors and More
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim's Leaked Nude Photo, Bruce's Spanx and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time: Dancin', Romancin' and 9 More Season Premiere Teasers
- The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap: You've Got... Jail?
- The Strain Recap: A Lot of Munchers
- Madam Secretary: Will You Keep the CBS Drama in Office?
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- More From TVLine