"This audience here is anti-Irish," the host joked. "They hate the leprechaun. How could you hate a leprechaun? They're adorable!"
"I saw him back there," commented Hughley. "Must be hell when you can't ride nothin' at Six Flags ... When you got your whole picture on your driver's license, that's got to be hell."
The studio audience laughed. Ferguson chuckled uncomfortably and said, "There's no need for that," and attempted to change the subject.
The "leprechaun" seemed to take it in stride, peering out from backstage and pretending to be mad. "There goes my luck for the rest of the day," quipped Ferguson.
Congressman Jack Kingston (and D.L. Hughley) Reject Evolution on 'Real Time With Bill Maher' (VIDEO)
"I don't believe that a creature crawled out of the sea and became a human," Kingston stated, after arguing that he came from God, and not a monkey.
With the audience clearly on their side, Maher and former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell tried to convince Kingston he was wrong about evolution. Feeling ganged up on, Kingston appealed to panelist Will Cain for help, but the conservative pundit stated that he too believed in evolution.
Finally, comedian D.L. Hughley weighed in, agreeing with Kingston that evolution doesn't explain human life, and taking some of the heat off the beleaguered congressman.
D.L. Hughley is to host a new game show for NBC titled 'Who's Bluffing Who?'.
According to the Hollywood Reporter NBC has ordered a pilot of the show in which 7 contestants will try to win half a million dollars. Each episode they will use their bluffing skills -- including possibly stealing each other's money -- to advance in the game as they are gradually whittled down to one winner.
The network is honoring some iconic names in music as well. Legendary R&B crooner Al Green will receive BET's Lifetime Achievement Award. Celebrated producer / arranger / composer Quincy Jones is set for BET's Humanitarian Award for his work in the Listen Up, a charity which connects youth with music, technology and culture.
Also signed up for the show are Steven Weber and D.L. Hughley. Nate Corddry is also listed as a cast member, he'll play one of the actors. He's currently working as a reporter for The Daily Show and is fellow reporter Rob Corddry's younger brother. This is looking to be a damn fine cast.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV, James Garner Tribute and More
- What Happens Next, The Good Wife: Will Alicia Become State's Attorney?
- Suits Sneak Peek: Louis Gives Donna the Greatest Gift of All
- Once Upon a Time Casting Another Frozen Role — Who Should Fill It?
- Cast for Syfy's Killjoys Includes Warehouse 13, Brothers & Sisters Alums
- More From TVLine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 With Bikini-Filled Girls Trip With Cara Delevingne
- An Elderly Man Throws Crutches Away to Dance
- Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Step Out as One Hot Couple
- The Environmental Protection Agency Apologizes for Kim Kardashian Game Tweet
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed by Beetles
- More From ET