"This audience here is anti-Irish," the host joked. "They hate the leprechaun. How could you hate a leprechaun? They're adorable!"
"I saw him back there," commented Hughley. "Must be hell when you can't ride nothin' at Six Flags ... When you got your whole picture on your driver's license, that's got to be hell."
The studio audience laughed. Ferguson chuckled uncomfortably and said, "There's no need for that," and attempted to change the subject.
The "leprechaun" seemed to take it in stride, peering out from backstage and pretending to be mad. "There goes my luck for the rest of the day," quipped Ferguson.
Congressman Jack Kingston (and D.L. Hughley) Reject Evolution on 'Real Time With Bill Maher' (VIDEO)
"I don't believe that a creature crawled out of the sea and became a human," Kingston stated, after arguing that he came from God, and not a monkey.
With the audience clearly on their side, Maher and former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell tried to convince Kingston he was wrong about evolution. Feeling ganged up on, Kingston appealed to panelist Will Cain for help, but the conservative pundit stated that he too believed in evolution.
Finally, comedian D.L. Hughley weighed in, agreeing with Kingston that evolution doesn't explain human life, and taking some of the heat off the beleaguered congressman.
D.L. Hughley is to host a new game show for NBC titled 'Who's Bluffing Who?'.
According to the Hollywood Reporter NBC has ordered a pilot of the show in which 7 contestants will try to win half a million dollars. Each episode they will use their bluffing skills -- including possibly stealing each other's money -- to advance in the game as they are gradually whittled down to one winner.
The network is honoring some iconic names in music as well. Legendary R&B crooner Al Green will receive BET's Lifetime Achievement Award. Celebrated producer / arranger / composer Quincy Jones is set for BET's Humanitarian Award for his work in the Listen Up, a charity which connects youth with music, technology and culture.
Also signed up for the show are Steven Weber and D.L. Hughley. Nate Corddry is also listed as a cast member, he'll play one of the actors. He's currently working as a reporter for The Daily Show and is fellow reporter Rob Corddry's younger brother. This is looking to be a damn fine cast.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- More From BuddyTV
- 8 Christmas Cocktails That Are the Reason for the Season
- Khloe Kardashian Bashes Rumor She Booted Brother Rob Kardashian Out Of Her Home
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Estate Is on Sale for $18.5 Million
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name
- Harry Styles and Kristen Wiig Dance Party After 'SNL' Performances
- More From ET